+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Application for PR under PNP was returned to me from Sydney NS...WHY???

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
Hello everyone

I feel really sad :(

2 months ago, I sent my application for PR in Canada under PNP-Master stream, to Sydney NS. (I got my nomination from Ontario for PNP-Master Stream and then applied for my PR.)

The CIC returned my full application to me as an incomplete one because of not providing the Language Test certificate. It's written:

Starting July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial Nominee Programs in semi or low-skilled professions that fall under NOC skill level C and D are required to complete a language proficiency test..."
You must include a copy of your language test results with your application to CIC"

I have a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from a Canadian University and now working as an Electrical Engineer for a company in Ontario. (I had sent my employment letter including my job title).
I am wondering how the officer has considered my occupation as a level C and D occupation and asks me to provide an IELTS with min of 4???

Another question: Now they returned all my application forms and documents, how should I resubmit it? Should I take another bank letter which states how much money I have and make a new print of my filled forms with new date and signature? or just send the previous ones?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Bkkkk

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Owatta
NOC Code......
Strategic Occupations
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 Jun2012
Doc's Request.
02 Oct2012
Nomination.....
14 Feb2012
AOR Received.
18 July2012
Med's Request
18 July2012
Med's Done....
20 July2012
Passport Req..
6 Mar2013
VISA ISSUED...
Visa and PP: LOST
LANDED..........
13 May2013
to be honest, no point of arguing with them about the exam is required or not. If they ask for it, then I will follow their instruction, provide them one. With your educational background, the exam would be no problem for you. Make the arrangement, and complete the exam asap.

when they return your application, did they say your application is refused? OR, ask you to resubmit with the exam ?

** btw, I have been in your shoes 3 times already. First time, application refused due to lack of supported doc. Sec time, missing one required form ( incomplete package, they asked for that one form only ). Third time, which I answered one of the question incorrectly, they asked me to submit the form again in order for them to complete my case. I will be getting my ppr soon according to them.

winbxy

Oct 4, 2012
i have a situation similar
my family submit the PR application under SINP to Sydney and got return because missing document. however it took them 4 months to return the application package and by the time we received the return package the nomination certificate is already expired.
We feel helpless and need some advice.
BTW, CIO from Sydney is very very mean! :(

Maryam_d

Oct 3, 2012
Thank you for your response.

I already had IELTS degree and without having an IELTS degree with the score of min 7 I would not be able to be nominated by my province PNP under master stream. I enclosed my PNP certificate with my package which showed I had the requirements before applying to them!!!

Actually they sent whole my package back, though they have checked my forms with a red pen! It was written that nothing has been recorded for your application and you should resubmit it. So I guess the safer way is to prepare a totally new application, including a new forms and new bank letter.

That sounds stupid to me. They could make a file for each applicant and by putting that on pause, ask for just missing document.

Anyways. I strongly recommend to everyone to make a very complete application package, even if you think you do not need to include your IELTS degree, put it anyways.