+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My application (EXTEND TOURIST VISA) was refused. Help me

sagon

Feb 17, 2015
My application (EXTEND TOURIST VISA) was refused :-\

I need some advises, my visa expires on 03/04/2015 and i just have 14 days for a new application...The refusal letter says:

1. Reason for original entry and reason for requested extension;
2. Ties to country of permanent residence, including:
- employment and study commitments;
- family ties and responsibilities;
- status (citizenship or immigration status);
3. Financial means for the extended stay and return home;
4. Travel and identity documents;
5. Probability to leave Canada at the end of authorized stay.
After considering all the circumstances of your case, I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of the Act and Regulations

How can i do for resolve that situation???... I came to Canada for learn english but i dont have an erollment in a course...I am just in free class in the church

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont think you can appeal refusal of visitor's extension.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You cannot appeal. You are now out of status in Canada - so you have two choices. You can try to apply for restoration - or you can leave Canada. If you apply for restoration - then you'll need to provide much stronger proof of your ties to your home country. CIC does not believe you are a genuine visitor and thinks you are trying to remain in Canada long term.

sagon

Feb 17, 2015
R_CHAUDHARY said:
what reason you gave to extend your visa...
My reasons were:

1) I am waiting for the process (Working Holiday Visa for Italians). This process will
begin in February but I know that this process is very long and I could be illegal for the
time of approval of this kind of visa.

2) My main goal in this country is to learn English. I need more time to interact with
Canadian people; I want to improve my speaking and listening because I believe that just
six months isn´t enough time for understands English. I would also like to do some
volunteering to improve my English and get Canadian Experience

scylla said:
You cannot appeal. You are now out of status in Canada - so you have two choices. You can try to apply for restoration - or you can leave Canada. If you apply for restoration - then you'll need to provide much stronger proof of your ties to your home country. CIC does not believe you are a genuine visitor and thinks you are trying to remain in Canada long term.
I am not out of status in Canada....My visa expires on 03/04/2015....and CIC said me:

We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status will expire on 2015/04/03.
You may apply again before the expiry of your temporary resident status if you submit:
1) a completed application form;
2) applicable fees for the immigration document(s) in the amount of $100.00 payable at a
financial institution in Canada or online
3) All required documents in support of your application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My mistake - you're right - you are still in status.

If you want to study for longer than six months - you need a study permit. You can only study without a study permit if you study for six months or less. So I would not use study as a reason for extending your visit.

Most volunteer positions require a work permit. You can only volunteer without a work permit if you're volunteering in a job that people are not normally paid to do (e.g. volunteering at a church fundraiser).

sagon

Feb 17, 2015
scylla said:
My mistake - you're right - you are still in status.

If you want to study for longer than six months - you need a study permit. You can only study without a study permit if you study for six months or less. So I would not use study as a reason for extending your visit.

In my letter of explanation i wrote too:

I want to know more places in Ontario and I want to know others provinces . Winter isn´t a good season for make tourism in Canada. I would like to
know how about the summer is in Canada. I arrived in Canada in October 2014 (full
autumn) and this kind of weather was very difficult for me because I am accustomed to hot
climates

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't think that's nearly enough. What do you plan to do? Where do you plan to visit? What is your itinerary? Where will you be staying? I think CIC will be looking for a lot more than just a two sentence explanation from you.

sagon

Feb 17, 2015
scylla said:
I don't think that's nearly enough. What do you plan to do? Where do you plan to visit? What is your itinerary? Where will you be staying? I think CIC will be looking for a lot more than just a two sentence explanation from you.
Of course men....i will try to make better my explanation letter....do you have one example of that???? for extend visa???'...

vancitydream

Apr 1, 2015
I'm on the same situation!! I want to apply to extend my visitor visa.

I've been living in Canada for 5 months as a visitor. I really enjoy living here and now I would like to extend my visa for 6 more months to be here on the Summer time.

My visa expires on April 23rd.

I work for a company in my country, and all my incomes are registred in the bank back there.

I would like to some suggestions: what would be a strong reason for extending my visitor visa? Does anyone has any idea?