+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my American friend just apply inland family sponsorship

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
jeffporfirio1 said:
The police I meant. So yes, you answered my question.

Is she or the child in danger by being close to him?
I'm no counselor, but if this individual assaulted her and her 5 year old child, she should probably stay as far away from him as possible.

As mentioned before, if she leaves him and goes through with the process, her application will canceled once she notifies CIC, or its misrepresentation if she doesn't notify CIC.
No danger as he is kinda sober due to probation period.

I was hoping that they could work things out and hopefully he could get some counseling help etc. There's hope. Anyway, woman in general 'think' but may or may not execute it. I guess she lost hope but still pinch a glimpse of hope he change.

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babymistycat said:
They have been together over a decade (10 yrs), jus recent years especially economy downturn, he drank more till drunk n sometime get violent but as a spouse especially women, we often "hope" their man will change and try and try. There are no perfect marriage.

They did not apply for her PR and she doesn't know much about immigration hence been dragging her feet until lately and I only happened to know her after she send in her PR application. As they both have a child together, she is not trying to get PR for own gain and have intention to move back to the states closer to her family but since their child is young. She might have a problem leaving unless there's permission from her spouse, no?
Did he get jail-time for assaulting a 5 year old?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
babymistycat said:
They have been together over a decade (10 yrs), jus recent years especially economy downturn, he drank more till drunk n sometime get violent but as a spouse especially women, we often "hope" their man will change and try and try. There are no perfect marriage.

They did not apply for her PR and she doesn't know much about immigration hence been dragging her feet until lately and I only happened to know her after she send in her PR application. As they both have a child together, she is not trying to get PR for own gain and have intention to move back to the states closer to her family but since their child is young. She might have a problem leaving unless there's permission from her spouse, no?
To say there are no perfect marriages in reference to this situation is ridiculous. And hoping a person will change after they assaulted your child is mental.

She needs to leave him and file for full custody based on the fact that he assaulted the child.

babymistycat said:
Not sure yet, still not his hearing. He is a doting father if sober.

So will he get jail term bcos of that?
I damn well hope he gets jail for it.

Note that an assault conviction against a family member will render him ineligible as a sponsor.

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babymistycat said:

I sure hope that they throw the book at him for his daughter.
Hopefully, he gets a long jail sentence, sorry, but he assaulted a 5-year-old.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
babymistycat said:

Not being sober at the time of an assault is not a valid excuse for assaulting someone.

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
To say there are no perfect marriages in reference to this situation is ridiculous. And hoping a person will change after they assaulted your child is mental.

She needs to leave him and file for full custody based on the fact that he assaulted the child.

I damn well hope he gets jail for it.

Note that an assault conviction against a family member will render him ineligible as a sponsor.
Oh my, now it get complicates as he own business and she couldn't ran for him since she is visitor visa.

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
danawhitaker said:
Not being sober at the time of an assault is not a valid excuse for assaulting someone.
Anyone knowd how light and heavy the sentence. I didn't know it will be that serious. Should he consult a lawyer? Cos I was advising him to pen down confession n remorseful n how he is planning to change and go through etc.

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babymistycat said:
Anyone knowd how light and heavy the sentence. I didn't know it will be that serious. Should he consult a lawyer? Cos I was advising him to pen down confession n remorseful n how he is planning to change and go through etc.
You should probably stay away from this individual.
Yes, he should get a lawyer.

How long will the sentence be, idk, but hopefully very long.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
babymistycat said:
Sorry, I don't even believe in remorse and change in these types of situations. I have no knowledge of what kind of sentence he could get, but I hope it's the highest one possible. Just a couple weeks ago a woman from my hometown was murdered by her abusive former husband in front of their 17 year old child. The fact that anyone's willing to defend his behavior is absolutely absurd to me, and if I was her I would find any way possible out of that situation, if not for my own safety but for that of my child. That should be the priority, and not minimizing how serious of trouble he might be in.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
babymistycat said:
You didn't know how serious assaulting a 5 year child is??

babymistycat

Star Member
May 22, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
You didn't know how serious assaulting a 5 year child is??
He "assault" as in slapped his gal in a fit of anger when his daughter told him I don't like you, I don't want you, go away. He neverhit his child before and also it was under alcohol influence. There is a redmark but disappear hours later

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Please clarify now what exactly the question at hand is? The thread started by asking how long to expect for January 2016 application to be processed. It seems now a month and much drama later, the marriage has broken down, sponsor is abusive, and the applicant is considering leaving. Sifting through the storyline, I gather that what you are now looking for is advice as to how the woman should proceed, what are the legal ramifications, and if she choses to withdraw the application and go back to the US, will she have a problem taking their daughter out of the country without his consent?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
She needs a family law lawyer. She should file for full custody of the child. She will be able to take the daughter out of Canada with her to live if the courts agree that this is in the best interests of the child.