+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Airport Landing Experience - Toronto, ON

Timmbox

Dec 7, 2017
No, I didn't - I opted to only bring a small amount (CAD$500) and then to wire transfer in the rest of my money once I had opened my bank accounts in Canada a few days later. But I also had existing credit cards at the time that could be used internationally, as well as family members who were willing to fund me if necessary.

I already did my landing in Canada, My spouse is an accompanying dependent, she will be landing alone . Does she need to buy a round trip ticket or one way? And must she show prove of funds? Your quick response will be appreciated .

Timmbox

Dec 7, 2017
I already did my landing in Canada, My spouse is an accompanying dependent, she will be landing alone . Does she need to buy a round trip ticket or one way? And must she show prove of funds? Your quick response will be appreciated .

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends whether or not she need to make any commitments at origin.

Timmbox

Dec 7, 2017
It depends whether or not she need to make any commitments at origin.
Thanks! No, she is coming to join me permanently. What about prove of funds must she show any? She only have $300 usd at cash in hand- is that an issue?

romacoco

Mar 12, 2018
Thanks! No, she is coming to join me permanently. What about prove of funds must she show any? She only have $300 usd at cash in hand- is that an issue?
Given that she is your dependent, I believe the burden of proof of funds would be on you and not her and no she won’t need a return ticket she would be landing as a permanent resident. If you are already in Canada $300 is plenty I don’t think this will be an issue.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
She doesn't. Your landing has already covered any proof of funds required.

sebzecan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Hi everyone, I will be doing soft/short landing in Feb as well. I was told that I should enlist as a visitor or something like that and not as a resident for the customs. Can anyone explain me how?

I will be bringing goods to follow list for my move in summer. It will be basically clothes / books. No furniture/ other appliances.

Anyone has an idea?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Canada Visa gatherings. Like a get together of everyone that has been a member here, and then successfully transitioned to Canada.
When do those happen? I'll love to attend one.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Ok, I have no idea what a private profile means, nor did I know I had one. I can receive messages from people and never had a problem. I'll have to take a look and see if I can change it.

Edit - I don't see anything I can change to make myself not private. The only choice I see is between allowing members to message me and allowing only people I follow to message me. I'm set for members.
I want to attend one of the gatherings @tjsecondtry