+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Must leave Canada

njabeen

Sep 9, 2010
My sister in law got visit visa for 10 years. She travelled to Canada on May 2019. Before completion of her 6 month we applied for extension in her visit for another 6 months.
Visa office replies in Feb 2020. In the letter they asked for medical examination and also stated in the letter that :

Must leave Canada before 12May 2020.

but we want one more extension of 6 months. Which we have planned to apply before 6 completion of her another 6 months.

here in forum anyone has any idea. Should she leave or apply for another 6months extension.

Ty

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
My sister in law got visit visa for 10 years. She travelled to Canada on May 2019. Before completion of her 6 month we applied for extension in her visit for another 6 months.
Visa office replies in Feb 2020. In the letter they asked for medical examination and also stated in the letter that :

but we want one more extension of 6 months. Which we have planned to apply before 6 completion of her another 6 months.

here in forum anyone has any idea. Should she leave or apply for another 6months extension.

Ty
I believe you can apply for an extension but eventually the extensions will get refused. I assume her plan is not to come back to Canada anytime soon? Because shes basically living here and so next time she tries to come she may not be let in.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Assume she will not get 6 month extension and may struggle to get extension again. A young person is likely working if they remained in Canada for a year and that is what CIC assumes. Assume she may be watching your children.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Ty
She can apply for another extension. No one here can say if she will be approved or not.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In general you have to have a reason when you want a young person to remain in Canada as a visitor for so long. It doesn’t make sense for most young people to be able to go on vacation for long periods of times unless they are wealthy. There will be suspicions that she is working illegally in some capacity if she is living with a sibling. If she is providing childcare you should have a plan B in case extension is refused or only given a limited amount of time. The other issue is that she needs to remain out of Canada for quite sometime if she wants to return again for a long period of time.