+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

must i be invited before I can visit Canada?

humble01

Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am from a non-visa exempt country, and I want to visit Canada for holiday and see the beauty of Canada, i understand that I would have to apply for a visa, but I don't know if I must apply with an invitation from someone in Canada inviting me? in other words, can I visit Canada as a tourist without someone inviting me? will I be given the visa if i meet all the requirement but no one in Canada is inviting me ?

thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You should have a good travel history if you're coming in as a "tourist", no friend, relative inviting you.

humble01 said:
I am from a non-visa exempt country, and I want to visit Canada for holiday and see the beauty of Canada, i understand that I would have to apply for a visa, but I don't know if I must apply with an invitation from someone in Canada inviting me? in other words, can I visit Canada as a tourist without someone inviting me? will I be given the visa if i meet all the requirement but no one in Canada is inviting me ?

thanks

humble01

Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sorry, i dont understand you clearly. are you trying to say that I should have a good travel history if i want to come as a tourist to Canada?
I think I have a good travelling history and I dont know if its considered sufficient as a good travelling history by the visa officer, I am currently in sweden now as a student, I have also being to ghana, finland, spain and denmark so far. the european countries that I mentioned are all in the schenghen agreement and my residence permit for studies in sweden can take me to all european countries visa free if i wish to travel. do you think Its considered as a god travel history? and besides, I want to go back to my home country and apply to visit canada and not form sweden. do you think I have a good chances?

mmadsen55

Jul 11, 2011
Below is the link on how to obtain a visitor visa to Canada

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp#step3

Section 3 has the following
•You may need to include other documents. These documents could be identification cards, proof of employment, a letter of invitation from relatives or friends in Canada, or a proposed itinerary. Check the website of the visa office responsible for the country or region where you live for more information

The invitation letter is only one piece of the evidence that the Canadian immigration would like to have to show that you do NOT intend to immigrate and will return to your current country of residence. It is not an absolute requirement to have one, but helps in obtaining a visa.

Travel history is just another form of evidence. Good history would be visiting a country and leaving in the alloted time allowed, not overstaying. So as long as you can show that you have done this an not violated any other countries visa requirements, it should be satisfactory. But in the end, it will come down to someone's opinion

humble01

Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you for your perfect reply and lastly.

what can I show as a proof of family tie ? i have never been married and i dont have any children, just my parents, brothers and sisters. which kind of documentary evidence I can show as a proof of family tie in support of my application ?

humble01

Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
will family pictures, birth certificates play any role ? i seriously dont know any kind of documents that will satisfy the definition of family tie in my home country

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Show pictures of you with friends, family, girl/boy friend/s :) enjoying yourself. A good travel history means that you should have visited other countries apart from your country.

humble01 said:
will family pictures, birth certificates play any role ? i seriously dont know any kind of documents that will satisfy the definition of family tie in my home country