+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Muslim American citizens considering seeking asylum in canada

kit91

Sep 27, 2022
I have ptsd to the point im on disability from multiple attacks due to my conversion to Islam and my past engagement with a younger woman. what kind of evidence do i need to seek asylum. I know there is islamophobia in Canada to but I'm worried about dying here It's severe and the police aren't helping.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have ptsd to the point im on disability from multiple attacks due to my conversion to Islam and my past engagement with a younger woman. what kind of evidence do i need to seek asylum. I know there is islamophobia in Canada to but I'm worried about dying here It's severe and the police aren't helping.
From last year 2021 statistics, NO US Citizen was accepted as Refugee. Your chance is zero
https://irb.gc.ca/en/statistics/protection/Pages/RPDStat2021.aspx

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't have the needed job skills I don't think Canada's going to let come and wait tables. I have disability but its only 800 usd a month.
Unfortunately it sounds like you won't qualify for an economic immigration stream based on your current circumstances. If your circumstances change, then economic immigration may be an option.

As others have said, unfortunately a refugee claim has no chance of succeeding.

Reactions: kit91

kit91

Sep 27, 2022
Unfortunately it sounds like you won't qualify for an economic immigration stream based on your current circumstances. If your circumstances change, then economic immigration may be an option.

As others have said, unfortunately a refugee claim has no chance of succeeding.
I'll probably end up getting some kind of skilled trade Canada will accept Then.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'll probably end up getting some kind of skilled trade Canada will accept Then.
Yes, if you meet the requirements then you can certainly apply through a skilled trades program. You'll almost certainly need to have at least one year of full time and paid work experience in the US in that skilled trade before you'll qualify to apply for PR to Canada. So start by getting training in that skilled trade and then getting a year of work experience in the USA. You will also most likely need to save up a minimum amount of money to cover your settlement costs in Canada if you are selected for PR.

Reactions: N0S08Q0

Mercy011

Jul 31, 2022
Are you saying your life is at risk in UNITED STATES cos you're Muslim? Unless I don't understand something but if that's what you meant, you might need to relax. You know how many Muslims are in US? And there are more population of them there than here in canada. If you'll need to go for therapy pls do. That will help you see there's nothing wrong with where you are. There's no way you can proof what you're saying to canada. You're also on benefit given to you by the US govt, yet you're saying you may die. Apart from that, you may be on food stamp too. USA is taking care of you enough. If you will die as a Muslim in usa, then same will happen in canada. Your life is not at risk. Muslims run to USA for safety. I think you only need therapy so you can see the good in where you are. Canada shares same ideology as USA and you won't even get all the care you're getting In usa here in canada. I think the issue is your engagement to a younger woman. And if that younger woman is minor, you have gone against the law in a big way. Canada will also not allow you to be go in a relationship with a minor. It's against the law and jail term. I think that's your only reason for not wanting to stay in usa. I really hope you're not engaged to a minor cos that's really not accepted. Minors are to be protected!

DamnYouDaria

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Yukon
Category........
Other
If you're an American citizen your chances of a successful refugee claim in Canada are pretty much zero. Sorry.
I'm an American citizen and I just got approval of my claim on appeal. No, it's not on CanLII yet. Reasons were mailed out on the 28th of October and I just got them yesterday.

But I do agree, it is unicorn-level rare to get approved as an American. You have to present a really compelling case. In my case, it was the persecution against transgender Americans which is nationwide. I submitted roughly 10,000 pages of evidence, both in my original claim and appeal in order to substantiate my claim.

My point is, it's doable - rare, but doable. So, be prepared to submit a metric fuckton of documents.

Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
"My point is, it's doable - rare, but doable. So, be prepared to submit a metric fuckton of documents."

Nice to see you've adopted the metric system so admirably!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm an American citizen and I just got approval of my claim on appeal. No, it's not on CanLII yet. Reasons were mailed out on the 28th of October and I just got them yesterday.

But I do agree, it is unicorn-level rare to get approved as an American. You have to present a really compelling case. In my case, it was the persecution against transgender Americans which is nationwide. I submitted roughly 10,000 pages of evidence, both in my original claim and appeal in order to substantiate my claim.

My point is, it's doable - rare, but doable. So, be prepared to submit a metric fuckton of documents.
Assume some recent anti-trans laws as well as preventing access to treatment in some states helped solidify your case. Surprising that the fact that you could have relocated within the US wasn’t a reason for denial since iFA is a common reason for denial based on other grounds for asylum. Might have been harder to win your case 5+ years ago. Will be an interesting read.

DamnYouDaria

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Yukon
Category........
Other
Assume some recent anti-trans laws as well as preventing access to treatment in some states helped solidify your case. Surprising that the fact that you could have relocated within the US wasn’t a reason for denial since iFA is a common reason for denial based on other grounds for asylum. Might have been harder to win your case 5+ years ago. Will be an interesting read.
They did address potential IFAs, ruled out all but New York and then assessed the viability of that IFA and found it wasn't viable.