+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MUN or UWindsor

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
I am an international student who just completed highschool with 79% overall from an Indian school(CBSE Board).

I am confused between the Memorial University of Newfoundland(St. John's) and University of Windsor for pursuing CS bachelors. Which one has got better course with Co-op? I heard that St. John's, Newfoundland is a small town and it is hard to get an internship/job there in the tech/IT sector. On the other hand, it's ranked above UWindsor.

Which one would be a better option?

Also, tell me if any better university is available with such marks.

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
I am an international student who just completed highschool with 79% overall from an Indian school(CBSE Board).

I am confused between the Memorial University of Newfoundland(St. John's) and University of Windsor for pursuing CS bachelors. Which one has got better course with Co-op? I heard that St. John's, Newfoundland is a small town and it is hard to get an internship/job there in the tech/IT sector. On the other hand, it's ranked above UWindsor.

??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Would probably go with Windsor if it a coop program since there are likely to be better opportunities although not necessarily in Windsor. Yes I believe you could probably get into better universities that MUN and windsor. I would ask some program administrator what there average entrance mark was for international CS students in the past semesters or year. Would exclude Waterloo, U of T and probably UBC for sure. Sure there are others on the list but not sure exact rankings for CS.

Reactions: inkpot

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Mid level: Ottawa, Carleton, Ryerson, university of Victoria, Concordia, University of Saskatchewan, etc. There are rankings published. I am not in the IT field so am not the person to ask about whether a school has a good program, Do know the very best schools. It is also important to consider the cost of living in the city. That can make a huge difference in your overall costs. Would avoid Vancouver especially and Toronto for those reasons Having co-op is good but would think that is unlikely for a masters.

Reactions: inkpot