+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mumbai University ECA Query

CA_Immigration_Noob

May 18, 2018
I know there are other threads for this but I couldn't find an answer to this elsewhere...Hence here...Is it OK if I get all 4 years (B.E Instru from MU) transcripts attested by just the university instead of 2nd n 3rd year by college and 1st n 4th by the university? That way I save a potentially delay-causing trip to college to get the documents...Anyone followed this proc and got ECA done?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I know there are other threads for this but I couldn't find an answer to this elsewhere...Hence here...Is it OK if I get all 4 years (B.E Instru from MU) transcripts attested by just the university instead of 2nd n 3rd year by college and 1st n 4th by the university? That way I save a potentially delay-causing trip to college to get the documents...Anyone followed this proc and got ECA done?
For any university, transcripts are provided by examination or results department. Why is there a special case in your university?

GlobalQuest

Dec 28, 2017
If you read the WES guidelines, it says 1st and 4th year should be approved by Uni and 2nd and 3rd can be approved by college or University
From WES site for MU:
"B.Eng.
Mark sheets representing years 1 and 4 of your study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. Mark sheets for years 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended."

If the university is approves marksheets for all years it should be fine. I have read in forums, in some cases, University only approves 1st and 4th year, in which case you will have to get approval from your college for thje 2nd and 3rd year marksheets.

CA_Immigration_Noob

May 18, 2018
For any university, transcripts are provided by examination or results department. Why is there a special case in your university?
WES mentions "Mark sheets representing years 1 and 4 of your study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. Mark sheets for years 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended."....Just wanted to be sure that university attestation is enough...Hence looking for someone from MU who has successfully done ECA with just the university attestation

CA_Immigration_Noob

May 18, 2018
If you read the WES guidelines, it says 1st and 4th year should be approved by Uni and 2nd and 3rd can be approved by college or University
From WES site for MU:
"B.Eng.
Mark sheets representing years 1 and 4 of your study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai. Mark sheets for years 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) can be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai or the college you attended."

If the university is approves mark sheets for all years it should be fine. I have read in forums, in some cases, University only approves 1st and 4th year, in which case you will have to get approval from your college for the 2nd and 3rd-year mark sheets.
Great...Thanks for the confirmation This was my understanding as well...However, I checked with a couple of consultants and they recommended getting attestation from both college and university for 2nd n 3rd years...Hence this query - Hoping to get someone who has actually completed ECA with just university attestation for MU.

NikT

Jul 1, 2021
With the Mumbai University attestation service now being online, does anyone know the procedure now?
Do I have to ask my college to directly send college issued transcripts to WES and separately fill the University form online for University issued transcripts ?