+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple short term courses without study permit

lovecalgary

Jun 18, 2013
Hi, I am a little confused and need real help. When I came to Canada to join my husband I attended two short courses totaling less than six months and back then he was on post graduate work permit so my visitor status was valid until the expiry of his work permit. Now we are applying for citizenship and are not sure if I broke the six month rule if I took two course totaling less than six months. The two courses were part time ESL and were not sequential. Can anyone tell me their experience in this and whether I indeed broke the 6 month rule for studying without a study permit.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I am a little confused and need real help. When I came to Canada to join my husband I attended two short courses totaling less than six months and back then he was on post graduate work permit so my visitor status was valid until the expiry of his work permit. Now we are applying for citizenship and are not sure if I broke the six month rule if I took two course totaling less than six months. The two courses were part time ESL and were not sequential. Can anyone tell me their experience in this and whether I indeed broke the 6 month rule for studying without a study permit.
You did not break the rule.