+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple NOC category experience in different jobs

Tanyamalhotra

Apr 15, 2017
Hello there...
I am considering filling own my own...but I've varied experience and I am unable to find out how disclosing my complete experiences will effect my file..
1.2 years as Electrical Engineer in 2007- this was (NOC A CATEGORY)
2. 5 months as relationship manager in 2012 (NOC A CATEGORY)
3. 3 years as bank clerk -this is my present job (NOC B CATEGORY)
What should be my primary noc based on?
How will my disclosing all the jobs effect my application ..thanx in advance

romeo2529

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
doesnt matter. Your experience can be in varied NOCs. You should apply under NOC B as it has 3 yrs and you will get max points on work experience if u apply under it. Your disclosing all jobs wont effect your applications. Does your last degree go with NOCB?

Tanyamalhotra

Apr 15, 2017
romeo2529 said:
doesnt matter. Your experience can be in varied NOCs. You should apply under NOC B as it has 3 yrs and you will get max points on work experience if u apply under it. Your disclosing all jobs wont effect your applications. Does your last degree go with NOCB?
But I do not want to disclose my noc b job as company has denied me any job duty certificate...so I will have to go with noc c job that is my bank clerical supervisor job under noc 1212. In this case should I disclose these jobs and get points only for NOC C job.??

romeo2529

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Sorry didnt quite get it. Which one is NOC C? You have mentioned 1212 which is B category, the third one in your list

I am assuming you are getting reference letters for the 3rd one.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Tanyamalhotra said:
Hello there...
I am considering filling own my own...but I've varied experience and I am unable to find out how disclosing my complete experiences will effect my file..
What should be my primary noc based on?
How will my disclosing all the jobs effect my application ..thanx in advance
You can go with your first job but then it will be close to 10 years old and that may be an issue.

The other option is to go with your present job and for that you will have to get your reference letters. If company is not giving a job duty certificate, try asking your supervisor/manager or a colleague for the same. You can skip mentioning your 2nd job in the Work history and later mention it in Personal history once you get an ITA.

Tanyamalhotra

Apr 15, 2017
romeo2529 said:
Sorry didnt quite get it. Which one is NOC C? You have mentioned 1212 which is B category, the third one in your list

I am assuming you are getting reference letters for the 3rd one.
Yes, exactly I have job duty letter from my present job ie under NOC B, here I am working as clerk supervisor which matches NOC 1212.but if I disclose my other experiences that are in NOC A then I'll be trouble ? Is it true???

Tanyamalhotra

Apr 15, 2017
Maverick28 said:
You can go with your first job but then it will be close to 10 years old and that may be an issue.

The other option is to go with your present job and for that you will have to get your reference letters. If company is not giving a job duty certificate, try asking your supervisor/manager or a colleague for the same. You can skip mentioning your 2nd job in the Work history and later mention it in Personal history once you get an ITA.
Thanx for ur response...I only have option to go with my present profile that is under NOC B, as only this employer will give me job duty letter...here my question is do I need to disclose my earlier experiences before submitting the application. Or can I skip disclosing it as I do not want to take any Benifit??? Will it have any negative impact on my application on the grounds that I have not provided them with complete information about myself?