+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple name printed in application

ahmed.iqbal

Jul 16, 2019
I just recently paid biometric and visa fee. I received a payment letter and further "Biometric Instruction Letter" and on that the applicant name is written multiple times e.g "Dear Ahmed Iqbal Ahmed Iqbal" instead it should be written only once. Would it create any issue later? if yes tell me solution of how to change the name. Please help me out I don't want any delays in my visa processing time.

Reactions: 13Sona

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hmm, that shouldn't happen. Did you fill out your own forms or did someone else do it for you? Are you certain your forms were correctly filled?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If this is the letter you received from IRCC (it will have a Canadian flag on the top left, and the letter will be IMM5756-XXXX), then I think you should check your GCKey account to make sure your name is correctly entered.

How did you apply? Paper or Online?

ahmed.iqbal

Jul 16, 2019
I just reviewed my imm5257 form and I made a mistake in writing name. I entered full name in both "Family Name:" and "Given Name:" section which is why I got that issue. Now my documents have been submitted and the biometric along with visa fee has been paid. Is there any way to make changes in it ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I just reviewed my imm5257 form and I made a mistake in writing name. I entered full name in both "Family Name:" and "Given Name:" section which is why I got that issue. Now my documents have been submitted and the biometric along with visa fee has been paid. Is there any way to make changes in it ?
You need to email and ask or raise a CSE via the IRCC webform and submit a new IMM5257. The one you submitted is obviously incorrect.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

13Sona

May 7, 2021
I just recently paid biometric and visa fee. I received a payment letter and further "Biometric Instruction Letter" and on that the applicant name is written multiple times e.g "Dear Ahmed Iqbal Ahmed Iqbal" instead it should be written only once. Would it create any issue later? if yes tell me solution of how to change the name. Please help me out I don't want any delays in my visa processing time.
Hi Ahmed
How did u correct this mistake?

Jeasbe

Feb 17, 2024
Hello Ahmed Ji,
How did your issue get resolved?
I have the same issue exactly.
Waiting for your reply as I have only a few days left for applying for my Biometrics