+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple entry visitor visa VS Super visa for parents

das.cs

Dec 26, 2014
Hello,
I was doing some research on visitor visa as I would like my parents to visit me in Canada from Bangladesh. Seems like they have two different options to apply:
1. Multiple entry visitor visa (upto 6 months per entry)
2. Super visa (upto 2 years per entry)

My question is, what are the advantages/disadvantages for each of these options?

One of my major concerns is I will try to submit a parent sponsorship application next year. Will my application of interest to sponsor them be impacted by the kind of visitor visa they will apply for now? Will their residential status in Canada at the time of submitting my application of interest to sponsor them have any negative impact?

Thank you.

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Hello,
I was doing some research on visitor visa as I would like my parents to visit me in Canada from Bangladesh. Seems like they have two different options to apply:
1. Multiple entry visitor visa (upto 6 months per entry)
2. Super visa (upto 2 years per entry)

My question is, what are the advantages/disadvantages for each of these options?

One of my major concerns is I will try to submit a parent sponsorship application next year. Will my application of interest to sponsor them be impacted by the kind of visitor visa they will apply for now? Will their residential status in Canada at the time of submitting my application of interest to sponsor them have any negative impact?

Thank you.
Few things to note :
Visitor visa parents can stay maximum 6 months and no medical insurance needed.

Supervisa requires medical exam and as well medical insurance! Parents can stay for 2 yrs in a stretch.

With regards to Parents Sponsorship, nothing has been announced for 2020 and its highly likely, if conservatives come to power this program might get canceled.

From personal experience:- it’s easier to get visa approved if you apply for Supervisa as this is specific visa for parents.

Reactions: das.cs

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Big difference is TRV depends on your parents finances and a supervisa depends on your finances.

Agree we have no idea what PGP will look like next year.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Minor point that although medical insurance not specifically required to support a visit visa no visitor should travel to Canada without insurance.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Few things to note :
Visitor visa parents can stay maximum 6 months and no medical insurance needed.

Supervisa requires medical exam and as well medical insurance! Parents can stay for 2 yrs in a stretch.

With regards to Parents Sponsorship, nothing has been announced for 2020 and its highly likely, if conservatives come to power this program might get canceled.

From personal experience:- it’s easier to get visa approved if you apply for Supervisa as this is specific visa for parents.
Now why would you think the conservatives would even cancel PGP? PGP has been around for some time under both parties. If conservatives were to win a mandate this fall, they would likely change the rules of qualifications and/or change the cap limit. Cancelling it is what they will NOT do.

das.cs

Dec 26, 2014
Seems like applying for super visa would be the wise decision. Thank you all for your valuable feedback.