+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple entries TRP

n.elgabary

Mar 8, 2018
I got a TRP upon arrival here in Canada valid for 2 years and the immigration at the airport put a sticker on my passport that Its a multiple entry TRP, and it's written Departure from Canada WILL NOT invalidate this Temporary resident permit.. but at the bottom of the TRP it's written NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL TO CANAD !!!! are these 2 different things I don't understand ??? Now while my staying here I applied for PR and an open work permit,, I got my work permit already but my PR still under processing! and on the bottom of my work permit, it's written: "This does not Authorize Re-Entry" !!!

Now my question is, Can I leave Canada and re-enter or it's gonna be risky to leave ?!

I tried to call CIC thousand times but of course as usual no answer !!

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
So if you are flying from Antarctica to Canada, you need a TRV to get on the plane to Canada. That allows you to travel to Canada and apply for entry and a visa. A TRP is not used for travel......it's a type of visa. It simply means that, for one reason or another, you needed special permission to be allowed into Canada that a regular visa doesn't cover (some for of inadmissibility or your not really a visitor). If you are planning to travel to the US by car and return the same way, you shouldn't have an issue. If you are going someplace that you need to take commercial transport back to Canada, you are going to run into problems.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I got a TRP upon arrival here in Canada valid for 2 years and the immigration at the airport put a sticker on my passport that Its a multiple entry TRP, and it's written Departure from Canada WILL NOT invalidate this Temporary resident permit.. but at the bottom of the TRP it's written NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL TO CANAD !!!! are these 2 different things I don't understand ??? Now while my staying here I applied for PR and an open work permit,, I got my work permit already but my PR still under processing! and on the bottom of my work permit, it's written: "This does not Authorize Re-Entry" !!!

Now my question is, Can I leave Canada and re-enter or it's gonna be risky to leave ?!

I tried to call CIC thousand times but of course as usual no answer !!
"Not valid for travel" = cannot be used in place of a travel document, i.e. a passport.

"This does not authorize re-entry" = you are not guaranteed to be allowed back in, as that right belongs only to Canadian citizens/PRs.