+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple citizenship applications in one courier package

Hadysaade

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Hi everyone

I will be submitting 3 citizenship applications by courier. I will be putting each application and relevant documents in separate sealed envelope BUT I will be sending the three sealed envelopes in one courier shipment.

Will those applications be treated separately or will they be considered as family applications?

I’d rather have them treated separately in case there’s a missing paper or info in one of them.

Many thanks
Hady

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi everyone

I will be submitting 3 citizenship applications by courier. I will be putting each application and relevant documents in separate sealed envelope BUT I will be sending the three sealed envelopes in one courier shipment.

Will those applications be treated separately or will they be considered as family applications?

I’d rather have them treated separately in case there’s a missing paper or info in one of them.

Many thanks
Hady
Generally, they will be processed together though there might be slight difference in processing times in the beginning. Rest assured, you will most likely take the oath as a family together.

If you send it in one envelope and if there's something missing in one application, the entire application package (all 3 application packages) will be returned to you AFAIK. Try to get it right the first time. Delays because of applications being incomplete are really bad, especially given the current delays.

Hadysaade

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
Generally, they will be processed together though there might be slight difference in processing times in the beginning. Rest assured, you will most likely take the oath as a family together.

If you send it in one envelope and if there's something missing in one application, the entire application package (all 3 application packages) will be returned to you AFAIK. Try to get it right the first time. Delays because of applications being incomplete are really bad, especially given the current delays.
Thank you @rajkamalmohanram , but if I send three different Fedex shipments on one day they will still arrive on the same day and might be treated together. Right?

do I need to send them on three different days to avoid this risk?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you @rajkamalmohanram , but if I send three different Fedex shipments on one day they will still arrive on the same day and might be treated together. Right?

do I need to send them on three different days to avoid this risk?
I wouldn't recommend doing that. If you send your child's application separately, it might be returned as incomplete because they might think the child applied separately without the parents. This has actually happened to one applicant (just not the same scenario) but they sent a lone application for the kid and the parents applied separately online and the child's application was returned as incomplete. You don't want that.

Complete the paper work and check and re-check everything. Have a friend or a family member review the information and make sure there are no gaps / incomplete entries.

If you absolutely want to do it separately, then the child has to apply with one parent (with you or your spouse) and the other adult can send a separate application.

But do NOT send a child's application separately, it will most likely be returned as incomplete.

Hadysaade

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017
I wouldn't recommend doing that. If you send your child's application separately, it might be returned as incomplete because they might think the child applied separately without the parents. This has actually happened to one applicant (just not the same scenario) but they sent a lone application for the kid and the parents applied separately online and the child's application was returned as incomplete. You don't want that.

Complete the paper work and check and re-check everything. Have a friend or a family member review the information and make sure there are no gaps / incomplete entries.

If you absolutely want to do it separately, then the child has to apply with one parent (with you or your spouse) and the other adult can send a separate application.

But do NOT send a child's application separately, it will most likely be returned as incomplete.
Thanks again for your detailed explanation Maybe I should have mentioned the age of my children; they are 23 and 24.
I just wanted to see if I can send 3 applications in 3 different sealed envelopes but in one courier shipment and yet they can be treated separately.

it seems it is safer to send them in three courier shipments.

Regards

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks again for your detailed explanation Maybe I should have mentioned the age of my children; they are 23 and 24.
I just wanted to see if I can send 3 applications in 3 different sealed envelopes but in one courier shipment and yet they can be treated separately.

it seems it is safer to send them in three courier shipments.

Regards
Oh, okay. They are not treated as "dependent children" if they are over 18. In that case, it doesn't matter if you send it as separate applications. You can send 3 courier shipments, yes.

Aprl22:2016

Nov 10, 2017
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
22-04-2016
Med's Request
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017

This is true and happened with my family members, they'll send back all the applications in one package even you miss one line on one application