+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple Bank Statements

manalz

Nov 10, 2022
Hello all,

I am applying for my parents' and siblings' visit visa and my father will be financing their trip. Now my father has multiple bank accounts and his funds are divided in all of them. Would it be okay if I attach bank statements from multiple bank accounts?

Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all,

I am applying for my parents' and siblings' visit visa and my father will be financing their trip. Now my father has multiple bank accounts and his funds are divided in all of them. Would it be okay if I attach bank statements from multiple bank accounts?

Thank you.
Assume your siblings are under 22. They can include his bank statements from multiple accounts. Also make sure that the funds are not all being used for a visit.

manalz

Nov 10, 2022
My sister is 23 and brother is 15. Does their age matter here? What does it exactly mean by funds not all being used for a visit?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My sister is 23 and brother is 15. Does their age matter here? What does it exactly mean by funds not all being used for a visit?
So your sister is over 22 and not a dependant, she applies separately from your mother and brother. She will need to show her own funds, travel history, ties to home country and reasons to visit. She can include your father’s funds but IRCC doesn’t need to consider them as she needs to show her own funds.

Your mother and brother apply together as your brother is a dependant. They can include your father’s funds.

How long is the proposed visit? The bank accounts (cash) should be enough to support a visit with airfare without spending all savings on a visit. For example, showing $10k in cash (take out airfare/insurance) is not a lot and shows that all savings are being used for the visit.

manalz

Nov 10, 2022
Okay so I just want to clarify that I have prepared a group application for 4 people on the IRCC portal. For each of them I had to fill out a separate application with their travel details and so on.
For each application, it also asked who was financially sponsoring their trip and there was an option to show if someone else was sponsoring. So for my mother, brother and sister I said that someone else will be supporting them which is my father. Now I need to upload bank statements and show proof of relationship.
The application nowhere prompted me to start a separate application for my sister.

The proposed visit is around 3 weeks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay so I just want to clarify that I have prepared a group application for 4 people on the IRCC portal. For each of them I had to fill out a separate application with their travel details and so on.
For each application, it also asked who was financially sponsoring their trip and there was an option to show if someone else was sponsoring. So for my mother, brother and sister I said that someone else will be supporting them which is my father. Now I need to upload bank statements and show proof of relationship.
The application nowhere prompted me to start a separate application for my sister.

The proposed visit is around 3 weeks.
Why would they ask about your sister? The system doesn’t recognize if she is over 22 but IRCC expects a separate application. See definitions in the TRV application. If you want to go ahead with her as a dependant go ahead, but a refusal is high.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5256-applying-visitor-visa-temporary-resident-visa.html

manalz

Nov 10, 2022
Okay I get your point. But maybe the system does recognize age as for my brother, the application never asked about his travel history or what his employment/academic activities have been in the past 5 years or since the age of 18.

Even if I do apply separately for my sister how am I supposed to show funds for her. She is still studying and my father supports her financially. Wouldnt her application be rejected anyways?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay I get your point. But maybe the system does recognize age as for my brother, the application never asked about his travel history or what his employment/academic activities have been in the past 5 years or since the age of 18.

Even if I do apply separately for my sister how am I supposed to show funds for her. She is still studying and my father supports her financially. Wouldnt her application be rejected anyways?
Correct. Your brother is under 22 so he is tied to your parent‘s application. For your sister, she needs to show her own ties to country (proof of attendance, tuition payments), travel history and funds. If she doesn’t have her own bank accounts then include your father’s accounts. IRCC does not have to consider his funds but if that is all she has then she applies with his accounts.

manalz

Nov 10, 2022
Correct. Your brother is under 22 so he is tied to your parent‘s application. For your sister, she needs to show her own ties to country (proof of attendance, tuition payments), travel history and funds. If she doesn’t have her own bank accounts then include your father’s accounts. IRCC does not have to consider his funds but if that is all she has then she applies with his accounts.
Okay so Ill apply for her separately then. I just had a few questions to clarify:
1. Would you suggest I start a new application from the same IRCC portal account or should I create a completely different portal account and start a new application there?
2. In the additional documents section, I am only able to upload one document. Where can I include more documents in order to show ties to home country?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay so Ill apply for her separately then. I just had a few questions to clarify:
1. Would you suggest I start a new application from the same IRCC portal account or should I create a completely different portal account and start a new application there?
2. In the additional documents section, I am only able to upload one document. Where can I include more documents in order to show ties to home country?
Combine multiple documents. You can have a new application within portal. Here is the link for paper copies but would work the same as online.

Can I fill out one visa application for my whole family if we are travelling together? (cic.gc.ca)

manalz

Nov 10, 2022

manalz

Nov 10, 2022
If I upload multiple bank statements, would it be okay if one of the accounts is in my mother's name and the rest are in my father's name as he maintains an account in her name as well.

manalz

Nov 10, 2022
I have also been filling out the use of representative forms for all of them as I am handling the whole application process for them. For my 15 year old brother, should he be signing IMM 5476, or should my father be signing it?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have also been filling out the use of representative forms for all of them as I am handling the whole application process for them. For my 15 year old brother, should he be signing IMM 5476, or should my father be signing it?
He is a minor so should not have to sign it himself.