+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multiple Applications to CIC?

julia143

Nov 3, 2014
Hi,

My Canadian spouse is applying to sponsor me for PR. I also have an employer who is on the cusp of applying to sponsor me for a temporary work visa (they've been on the cusp for quite a while, though, which is why we decided to get moving and had a civil ceremony so he could sponsor me).

My question is:
Is there any way that, should the employer apply to sponsor me as well, it will complicate things to have two applications out to sponsor me? Or are they two separate tracks and I will just be waiting on which one comes to fruition the soonest?

Thanks!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

julia143 said:
Hi,

My Canadian spouse is applying to sponsor me for PR. I also have an employer who is on the cusp of applying to sponsor me for a temporary work visa (they've been on the cusp for quite a while, though, which is why we decided to get moving and had a civil ceremony so he could sponsor me).

My question is:
Is there any way that, should the employer apply to sponsor me as well, it will complicate things to have two applications out to sponsor me? Or are they two separate tracks and I will just be waiting on which one comes to fruition the soonest?

Thanks!!
1. No, it doesn't make any difference, 2 separate processes. Although, the office processing the work permit, may question your intention to remain permanently (PR application) with the work permit, which is a temporary stay.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Dual intent is allowed (i.e. having both a PR application and one for temporary stay such as a work/study permit or visitor visa) as long as the applicant satisfies the officer(in that work permit application) that he/she will leave Canada at the end of their visit. Ofcourse, this can change if the applicant is granted PR status or chooses to extend their work permit.

PMM said:
Hi

1. No, it doesn't make any difference, 2 separate processes. Although, the office processing the work permit, may question your intention to remain permanently (PR application) with the work permit, which is a temporary stay.

eds

Jan 13, 2012
Can i apply for visitor visa for my mother? Even the supervisa is still under processing in IRCC. Thank you

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Can i apply for visitor visa for my mother? Even the supervisa is still under processing in IRCC. Thank you
Yes

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Did u already applied fir these two visas at same time? Please advise we are in the same situation