+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Multi-entry visitor visa coming close to expiry. A few questions on options ahead...

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Hi All, My mother's 10 year multi-entry visitor visa to Canada is 7 months away from getting expired. Here are a few questions I am seeking clarity on, with your help.

1. If there are less than 6 months left on her visa, will she be allowed to travel to Canada?
2. Is there a renewal option for this visa, to get another 10 years? Or do I have to apply for a brand new visa like I had to the first time?
3. Whichever the answer to question #2, can I apply online on her behalf from Canada? Or does it have to be initiated from the country that she lives in?

Kingk0ng

Sep 18, 2021
Hi All, My mother's 10 year multi-entry visitor visa to Canada is 7 months away from getting expired. Here are a few questions I am seeking clarity on, with your help.

1. If there are less than 6 months left on her visa, will she be allowed to travel to Canada?
2. Is there a renewal option for this visa, to get another 10 years? Or do I have to apply for a brand new visa like I had to the first time?
3. Whichever the answer to question #2, can I apply online on her behalf from Canada? Or does it have to be initiated from the country that she lives in?
Yes she can still travel as long as her visa is valid. You may only not travel if you have 6 months left onher passport.