+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MTIS course acceptance letter from University of Victoria for Sep 2021

davidel

Star Member
Sep 27, 2016
Hi Friends.

I had applied for MTIS program for September 2021 intake on Jan 15th 2021. Currently my application is under review by department.

Could anyone let me know when UVIC will provide the offer letter?

Also, if any one applied for the same program kindly create a separate thread to track the progress.

EmJ_BLR

Dec 31, 2020
Hi Friends.

I had applied for MTIS program for September 2021 intake on Jan 15th 2021. Currently my application is under review by department.

Could anyone let me know when UVIC will provide the offer letter?

Also, if any one applied for the same program kindly create a separate thread to track the progress.
@davidel
Did you get any unconditional/final LOA from UVic ?

EmJ_BLR

Dec 31, 2020
I got final LOA yesterday for MTIS. I will be declining though...
I got final LOA yesterday for MTIS. I will be declining though...
@wonderbly , you got provisional/conditional OR Unconditional offer?
mine is provisional offer. Need to send official transcripts and ielts score etc. Not sure when I will get the final/unconditional LOA. We need a confirmed LOA to apply for SP..right?
Any specific reason you are declining UVic?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
mine is provisional offer. Need to send official transcripts and ielts score etc. Not sure when I will get the final/unconditional LOA. We need a confirmed LOA to apply for SP..right?
I initially got a provisional offer (requesting for my official transcripts), but my varsity already sent this last year (my initial application was for Winter 2021, but I requested them to defer the processing to Fall 2021). The graduate officer then checked their records and confirmed they do have it. Final offer letter was then issued a couple of days later.

I am declining because they took too long to give their decision and I had other offers which I accepted. I have gotten my SP already.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Also, prior to getting my final offer, they sent me an email with "Study Permit Information" included. They said I could use that to apply for SP so long pending a final letter. If you got that email, perhaps you can use it to apply for yours.

EmJ_BLR

Dec 31, 2020
I initially got a provisional offer (requesting for my official transcripts), but my varsity already sent this last year (my initial application was for Winter 2021, but I requested them to defer the processing to Fall 2021). The graduate officer then checked their records and confirmed they do have it. Final offer letter was then issued a couple of days later.

I am declining because they took too long to give their decision and I had other offers which I accepted. I have gotten my SP already.
@wonderbly , Do they have Jan (winter) intake for MTIS?? I was under the impression that they do not have Jan intakes. I may need to defer it for Jan 2022 then..

Most likely, I won’t be getting the sp by this Fall, due to vac closure here(india) and I couldn’t give biometrics. I guess UVic will also take time to send the final LOA and my SP wont be processed before Fall 2021.

EmJ_BLR

Dec 31, 2020
Also, prior to getting my final offer, they sent me an email with "Study Permit Information" included. They said I could use that to apply for SP so long pending a final letter. If you got that email, perhaps you can use it to apply for yours.
Yes..I received the same, but am not sure if that doc is okay as some are saying Loa should be confirmed. Moreover, they are not sending it as an official document, it is within the email only. I too had another offer in hand, so I have submitted my application already on April 30th. But that uni is private, UVic has a good ranking/reputation ..thats why I would like to change it to UVic now.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
@wonderbly , Do they have Jan (winter) intake for MTIS?? I was under the impression that they do not have Jan intakes. I may need to defer it for Jan 2022 then..

Most likely, I won’t be getting the sp by this Fall, due to vac closure here(india) and I couldn’t give biometrics. I guess UVic will also take time to send the final LOA and my SP wont be processed before Fall 2021.
I should have been more explicit. My initial application was for MEng ECE for Winter 2021. However, I submitted after deadline so I requested to move application to MTIS. My request was granted but MTIS only has Fall intake so my application was moved to Fall.