+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MSP was used twice for prenatal before it expires

Steven23

Feb 12, 2019
Hi.. my wife is pregnant, she used her MSP twice for prenatal visit before it expires.
She have her prenatal visit every month, but they don't even ask for my wife MSP card, which is already expired..my wife is 6 months pregnant..

Question: did the prenatal clinic already charge all the fees at once ( routine check up, delivery of the baby) from the first visit (first prenatal check) of my wife?

We are so worried about that, and no idea.. thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi.. my wife is pregnant, she used her MSP twice for prenatal visit before it expires.
She have her prenatal visit every month, but they don't even ask for my wife MSP card, which is already expired..my wife is 6 months pregnant..

Question: did the prenatal clinic already charge all the fees at once ( routine check up, delivery of the baby) from the first visit (first prenatal check) of my wife?

1. No, probably not. The clinic submits it's bill to the MSP plan for payment, and the MSP card is expired, MSP will refuse to pay the clinic and they will request the funds from you.

chie042012

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa

All you need to do is renew right?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is up to you to also update the clinic on any changes to your MSP status. Your MD will not be very happy if your appointments doesn't get reimbursed and will seek payment from you. To keep a good relationship with your physician it is best to be upfront. You should also make arrangements with your local hospital before the birth. It is also important that they know who is due in the local area so they can staff the L&D department properly.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

No every appointment is billed to MSP separately.