+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MSc Computer Science - U of Regina - Winter 2021

MSCS21

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
I am Sep 2020 intake student in PBD in AI. I will be graduating in April 2022. I am waiting for my visa outcome. Hopefully I will be travelling in January 2021.

So looks like you decided to join STFX. Congratulations on your admission.
Thank you . Kindly update me about university , quarantine experience everything if you travel in Jan 2021.

MSCS21

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Hi Now my agent is confusing me saying no on she knows heard of stfx or not sure if I will get pgwp after studying there. Thats not true right

Bendu1575

Dec 21, 2020
Hi Now my agent is confusing me saying no on she knows heard of stfx or not sure if I will get pgwp after studying there. Thats not true right
You can go to IRCC website where you can check for DLI institutes. STFX is mentioned there and has programs eligible for PGWP. No need to worry about STFX. But cross check with good consultancy.

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hello Dears,

Regarding St. Francis Xavier University POST-BACCALAUREATE DIPLOMA IN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE. it says that it is for NON IT/COMPUTER SCIENCE bachelors.
I have Bachelors in Computer science and wanted to apply for the above PG program.
Please let me know if I can apply for it.

Thanks

Bendu1575

Dec 21, 2020
@amitkala17
Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Artificial Intelligence also called as PBD in AI is designed for students from non-computer background. They will start teaching C++, Computer organisation and so on from basics. So better you opt for Master in Advanced Computer Science also called as MACS.

If you are willing to get into Artificial Intelligence there are also subjects related to AI in MACS.
MACS - M.S degree you will get 30 points when applying for PR.
PBD in AI - PG.Diplomo course you will get only 15 points when applying PR.

Frankly speaking, if you join PBD in AI in STFX you will not gain enough skills to get a Job in AI after graduation for sure. It is just a course designed by STFX to lure international students who are willing to pay hefty tuition fee. MACS will cost you just 30K CAD, but PBD will cost you 40K CAD it is 10K more.

in PBD in AI you will be studying around 18 subjects out of which few are non-relevant to Machine Learning but part of computer science.

To keep it short just opt for a Masters degree and look for course with tuition fees around 30K CAD.

Reactions: amitkala17

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hello Dear,
Thanks for ur detailed reply.

Actually, I have 6.63 CGPA AND around 9 years of experience.
Most master programs are asking for 70%. That is why I was looking for the PG diploma.
What would be my chances if I apply for masters in STFX.
And do you know any university in Canada that accepts 6.5 CGPA and around 9+ years of experience.

Appreciate suggestion from all folks.

Thanks

Bendu1575

Dec 21, 2020
Hello Dear,
Thanks for ur detailed reply.

Actually, I have 6.63 CGPA AND around 9 years of experience.
Most master programs are asking for 70%. That is why I was looking for the PG diploma.
What would be my chances if I apply for masters in STFX.
And do you know any university in Canada that accepts 6.5 CGPA and around 9+ years of experience.

Appreciate suggestion from all folks.

Thanks
@amitkala17

Please contact me at 9 4 nine 00 93 130