+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mr

Sambb

Nov 5, 2020
Hi, I am in Canada and my 42 years old sister is in America. Can I offer a job to my sister as a home child care provider for my son with special needs?
let's suppose I meet an employer's requirements and she is eligible under the relevant NOC.
Your response is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I am in Canada and my 42 years old sister is in America. Can I offer a job to my sister as a home child care provider for my son with special needs?
let's suppose I meet an employer's requirements and she is eligible under the relevant NOC.
Thank you.
Yes. You can definitely try. It can be trickier to hire a family members since IRCC will want to make sure the primary purpose isn't to facilitate PR. However it sounds like you have a strong need - and if your sister has the required experience / background - by all means try.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you.
You can try but hiring family is high scrutinized. Assume she is experienced to care for your son. Set up your business registration number with CRS so you can set up payroll, deductions, vacation etc.

Sambb

Nov 5, 2020
Yes. You can definitely try. It can be trickier to hire a family members since IRCC will want to make sure the primary purpose isn't to facilitate PR. However it sounds like you have a strong need - and if your sister has the required experience / background - by all means try.
Thank you so much.