+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP SWO - EE DRAW #190 #191 #192 #193 #194 #195 #196 #197 #198 #199 #200

mpnpIM

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
I don't like the fact that they are lately only considering SWM with close relatives in Manitoba, is it going to be a trend or what? not changes or opportunities to the rest of us.
well they're gonna do what works for their economy.

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
I don't like the fact that they are lately only considering SWM with close relatives in Manitoba, is it going to be a trend or what? not changes or opportunities to the rest of us.
The new premier (wab kinew) appear to focus on family reunification.

Yeah, I also don't like the fact that they only do close relatives in Manitoba - They should just go with the typical NOC based draws which was more equitable. A lot of PGWPs are expiring this year so it'd be interesting to see what they would do. I estimate quite a significant number would leave so MPNP scores for SWM might get lower in the mid year or until the end of year. But it all depends on what category they are drawing and whether they are planning to change the rule or keep it the same.

Regardless, I should have 500+ CRS point (tech draws) after 1 year of foreign work experience (already have 2 yoe in Canada, can get 3 years before work permit expires) so I don't really care tbh.

mpnpIM

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
The new premier (wab kinew) appear to focus on family reunification.

Yeah, I also don't like the fact that they only do close relatives in Manitoba - They should just go with the typical NOC based draws which was more equitable. A lot of PGWPs are expiring this year so it'd be interesting to see what they would do. I estimate quite a significant number would leave so MPNP scores for SWM might get lower in the mid year or until the end of year. But it all depends on what category they are drawing and whether they are planning to change the rule or keep it the same.

Regardless, I should have 500+ CRS point (tech draws) after 1 year of foreign work experience (already have 2 yoe in Canada, can get 3 years before work permit expires) so I don't really care tbh.
Lucky you, lol.

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Lucky you, lol.
Lol don't blame me. I knew the situation was getting worse when they started granting PGWP extension without any thoughts for PR quotas. I probably would have gotten an LAA last year but sadly my situation with my previous employer was really bad so I lost that opportunity. Now when I just got my 1 year of experience with my current job (for SWM eligibility) they start doing this family reunifcation stuff lol. Sad but very much accounted for.

The number of people with 500+ point seem to be really low though. So I think a lot of students must be losing on either Canadian work exp, age or english proficiency (and my english scores weren't exactly all CLB9 either), I've got 1 band at CLB 8 that drops my score down a bit.

mpnpIM

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Lol don't blame me. I knew the situation was getting worse when they started granting PGWP extension without any thoughts for PR quotas. I probably would have gotten an LAA last year but sadly my situation with my previous employer was really bad so I lost that opportunity. Now when I just got my 1 year of experience with my current job (for SWM eligibility) they start doing this family reunifcation stuff lol. Sad but very much accounted for.

The number of people with 500+ point seem to be really low though. So I think a lot of students must be losing on either Canadian work exp, age or english proficiency (and my english scores weren't exactly all CLB9 either), I've got 1 band at CLB 8 that drops my score down a bit.
I'll advise you to register your EOI for skilled worker in manitoba, the scores go up and come down and I am very sure you'd get LAA soon enough.... the best time to start is RIGHT NOW!!

Reactions: primestudio

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
I'll advise you to register your EOI for skilled worker in manitoba, the scores go up and come down and I am very sure you'd get LAA soon enough.... the best time to start is RIGHT NOW!!
Yep already did. its just a fun waiting game now

Last edited:
Reactions: mpnpIM

vladandrie51

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
congratulations once again, what's ur teer and noc?
not sure what you mean by teer but my noc is 2174 (software engineer / programmer etc)

For those of you who've submitted your PR application already, how you can see a sort of application/history log? so I know what is being done on my application by the immigration officers (not that I expect for anything to be done at all yet :) )

At the moment if I go to https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en and login I just see "Submitted" and that's it. Will I be able to see a detailed history of the work being done once something is actually done?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dev_TY

mpnpIM

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
not sure what you mean by teer but my noc is 2174 (software engineer / programmer etc)

For those of you who've submitted your PR application already, how you can see a sort of application/history log? so I know what is being done on my application by the immigration officers (not that I expect for anything to be done at all yet :) )

At the moment if I go to https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en and login I just see "Submitted" and that's it. Will I be able to see a detailed history of the work being done once something is actually done?
I meant if you're tear 0,A,B,C etc?

shreezee75

Jan 4, 2024
LAA received: 28 december 2023, SWM, under close relative draw
File submission: 02 January 2024
SP2 submission: by my sister 03 January 2024

Reactions: mpnpIM

shreezee75

Jan 4, 2024
Congratulations in advance.
Thank you and i hope everyone gets their nomination too. Not to argue but i read your above comments sir and i agree about MPNP pick pointing close relative draws but what i think is that it was quite expected that MPNP would do such random draw selections as they are about to finish 2023 and their selection numbers. It was difficult for me and i was mentally prepared to move back home permanently as my PGWP is expiring in 5 months. I still have yet to decide that if i don't receive my nomination approval then what are my options?

The time is hard for canadian Immigration and that is leading to lots of people facing depression. And i hope and wish that everyone get their PR soon because this is only making it worse for everyone.

mpnpIM

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
Thank you and i hope everyone gets their nomination too. Not to argue but i read your above comments sir and i agree about MPNP pick pointing close relative draws but what i think is that it was quite expected that MPNP would do such random draw selections as they are about to finish 2023 and their selection numbers. It was difficult for me and i was mentally prepared to move back home permanently as my PGWP is expiring in 5 months. I still have yet to decide that if i don't receive my nomination approval then what are my options?

The time is hard for canadian Immigration and that is leading to lots of people facing depression. And i hope and wish that everyone get their PR soon because this is only making it worse for everyone.
MPNP needs to hire more people to help with backlog, if they're able to do that the process will be fast and easy.

mpnpIM

Star Member
Nov 27, 2023
UPDATE!

LAA - 28th Sept 2023
Submitted application - 9th Nov
File number - 10th Nov
SP2 submitted - 16th Nov

Profile still showing received 2 months after submission.