+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP Skilled Worker in Manitoba or Overseas

LEDMirage

Jan 10, 2024
Hi,

I'm currently working in Manitoba and submitted EOI for MPNP Skilled Worker in Manitoba since last August. My current point is 622 and PGWP expiring in this September. My employer denied to provide LMIA for work permit extension.
Is this still possible to wait for the next couple EOI draws? Or it's time to planning to quit work and move back to home country to join the Skilled Worker Overseas stream.
If I'm going to do that, could I still getting the 500 points from "Ongoing employment in Manitoba for six months or more with long-term job offer from the same employer" for my EOI profile.
Thanks for whoever helping.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I'm currently working in Manitoba and submitted EOI for MPNP Skilled Worker in Manitoba since last August. My current point is 622 and PGWP expiring in this September. My employer denied to provide LMIA for work permit extension.
Is this still possible to wait for the next couple EOI draws? Or it's time to planning to quit work and move back to home country to join the Skilled Worker Overseas stream.
If I'm going to do that, could I still getting the 500 points from "Ongoing employment in Manitoba for six months or more with long-term job offer from the same employer" for my EOI profile.
Thanks for whoever helping.
Wait a few more draws if your points are high enough for a nomination. If you quit, then you lose ongoing employment points as you need a job offer. If your score is not high enough & want to stay then consider finding another employer willing to give a LMIA so you can apply for a closed work permit. The Skilled Worker Overseas stream very specific criteria so not sure if you are eligible.

Is your Express Entry score not high enough? NOC?

Last edited:

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Wait a few more draws if your points are high enough for a nomination. If you quit, then you lose ongoing employment points as you need a job offer. If your score is not high enough & want to stay then consider finding another employer willing to give a LMIA so you can apply for a closed work permit. The Skilled Worker Overseas stream very specific criteria so not sure if you are eligible.

Is your Express Entry score not high enough? NOC?
I doubt his EE CRS would be high enough given his SWM points. 600 SWM scores is a tell-tale sign that he went to school and worked in another Canadian province.