+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP Settlement plan part 2- problem- URGENT MATTER!!!!!!

j.ng98

Jan 17, 2024
Good day everyone,

Recently, I submitted my MPNP application with my friend's information for endorsement. And now, he said he saw one of the requirements in the MPNP Settlement Plan part is "Friend or distant relative: You must not be currently supporting the settlement of another MPNP applicant, nominee, or person under another Canadian immigration program.), so he might not able to meet the requirement since he's planning to do paperwork for his spouse come to Canada in a different immigration program soon (he said maybe within this year or next year).

What should I do in this situation? Can I ask for one of my other friends who has PR and can endorse for me? or Can I remove the endorsement part without affecting my application?

Thank you for your time and please help resolve this urgent matter.

maham123

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Good day everyone,

Recently, I submitted my MPNP application with my friend's information for endorsement. And now, he said he saw one of the requirements in the MPNP Settlement Plan part is "Friend or distant relative: You must not be currently supporting the settlement of another MPNP applicant, nominee, or person under another Canadian immigration program.), so he might not able to meet the requirement since he's planning to do paperwork for his spouse come to Canada in a different immigration program soon (he said maybe within this year or next year).

What should I do in this situation? Can I ask for one of my other friends who has PR and can endorse for me? or Can I remove the endorsement part without affecting my application?

Thank you for your time and please help resolve this urgent matter.
I think his spouse won't be under MPNP program...she would be coming on spousal immigration...I think u should still be allowed to apply under him..its just my guess

j.ng98

Jan 17, 2024
I think his spouse won't be under MPNP program...she would be coming on spousal immigration...I think u should still be allowed to apply under him..its just my guess
Thank you for you answer, it gave me a big relief and I also just received email confirmation from my consultant with a similar answer-

"Firstly, your friend would not be able to support his spouse under the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program.
If he supports your settlement plan this would also not prevent him from sponsoring his spouse under the Family Class in the future.

Supporting a settlement plan is not a sponsorship. Essentially it is a show of good faith that this person would assist you in your successful establishment into Manitoba. There is no financial obligation and this is not a formal or legally binding sponsorship. It is used to establish a connection to Manitoba. There is no problem."

Reactions: maham123

madeel123

Jan 2, 2018
HI,

Can any one help me please? My first cousin just moved to Manitoba from Saskatchewan because he found a job in a school in Manitoba.
I wanted to apply for Saskatchewan but since he moved to Manitoba now I will have to apply for Manitoba.
He is Canadian National and living in Canada from past 20 years however in Manitoba He just moved and did not complete 1 year although he is a government employee and teaching in a school.
Can I use him as a connection to Manitoba for my expression of interest profile?
I am afraid I have to wait for 1 year before I apply?
Can anyone please advise.

Much appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
HI,

Can any one help me please? My first cousin just moved to Manitoba from Saskatchewan because he found a job in a school in Manitoba.
I wanted to apply for Saskatchewan but since he moved to Manitoba now I will have to apply for Manitoba.
He is Canadian National and living in Canada from past 20 years however in Manitoba He just moved and did not complete 1 year although he is a government employee and teaching in a school.
Can I use him as a connection to Manitoba for my expression of interest profile?
I am afraid I have to wait for 1 year before I apply?
Can anyone please advise.

Much appreciated.
He needs to show residency of at least a year. Even with the points for relative, calculate your score and see if score is drawn.
https://immigratemanitoba.com/immigrate/skilled-worker/swo/eligibility/

Reactions: Alalac

madeel123

Jan 2, 2018
It is on the website site. You look at draws scores and there is a webpage to calculate score. Many people with family members in Manitoba still do not have enough points.
Thank you, I found score calculator and getting 86 points however my connection recently moved to Manitoba so I think I have to wait 1 year.