+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving

Queryquery

Jan 27, 2024
We have been planning to move since August last year. We are from BC and has been planning to move to Ontario since we have more family there and cost of living is too high here in BC. I am sponsoring my wife and she already got her open work permit. Due to my business I won't be able to move for the next few months but I want her to go first since she already got a job there and I will join her later when am done with my business. I was wondering if that will be a problem. It's just circumstances and lately my business has been very slow and mybe if she starts working it will be easier for to move. What's your views?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We have been planning to move since August last year. We are from BC and has been planning to move to Ontario since we have more family there and cost of living is too high here in BC. I am sponsoring my wife and she already got her open work permit. Due to my business I won't be able to move for the next few months but I want her to go first since she already got a job there and I will join her later when am done with my business. I was wondering if that will be a problem. It's just circumstances and lately my business has been very slow and mybe if she starts working it will be easier for to move. What's your views?
If you filed inland, you should remain living together until the process is complete.

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You've received good advice above. If you sponsored your spouse inland, then you must cohabitate for the duration of application processing. So if she moves a number of months ahead of you, this could potentially jeopardize your application. If you applied outland, no issues.

Reactions: YVR123 and armoured