+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving within Canada while my Citizenship application is in process

canadaPR1234

Sep 14, 2020
Hi! Can someone please advise. My citizenship application is currently in process and I am deciding to move to a Ontario. I have applied the application from Manitoba. Do I need to change my address as i have my family that lives here in Manitoba.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi! Can someone please advise. My citizenship application is currently in process and I am deciding to move to a Ontario. I have applied the application from Manitoba. Do I need to change my address as i have my family that lives here in Manitoba.
If you dont want to miss the communication then you should change address after AOR. Why do you have doubt as you are inside the country?

canadaPR1234

Sep 14, 2020
If you dont want to miss the communication then you should change address after AOR. Why do you have doubt as you are inside the country?
Hi! Well I am thinking if its not necessary to change the address than I don't have to worry about IRCC then having to move my file to a different province. Also, I have my family here so I will not miss any communication if they were to reach out to me.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi! Well I am thinking if its not necessary to change the address than I don't have to worry about IRCC then having to move my file to a different province. Also, I have my family here so I will not miss any communication if they were to reach out to me.
Then no issues. Also its going to be a long wait for citizenship test hence transferring file wont make any difference if its done during the initial stage. So its fine as long as you can travel for test(whenever it happens) & oath.

canadaPR1234

Sep 14, 2020
Then no issues. Also its going to be a long wait for citizenship test hence transferring file wont make any difference if its done during the initial stage. So its fine as long as you can travel for test(whenever it happens) & oath.
So is it confirmed that its not absolutely mandatory to change my address if I were to move. I hope they don't question me when we eventually get a test/interview invite about not living in the province

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
So is it confirmed that its not absolutely mandatory to change my address if I were to move. I hope they don't question me when we eventually get a test/interview invite about not living in the province
For citizenship it shouldn't be a problem where in Canada you reside as long as you reside in Canada.

The problem usually arises for people who have moved abroad and IRCC has some doubt if they have completed their time within Canada.

ijlal g

Jan 20, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
16-01-2018
I am in the same boat, I am still waiting for my AOR, but I have moved from Quebec to BC for employment. I can't really change address currently anyways because the application is not in the system. My question is will my application still be delayed in such early stages, if I changed my address after AOR because from what I understand it is transferred to local visa office only after the background checks?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You really should be providing your current address. The applications do ask for your address. It will also make your life easier if you don't have to travel to Manitoba twice especially for a short test.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in the same boat, I am still waiting for my AOR, but I have moved from Quebec to BC for employment. I can't really change address currently anyways because the application is not in the system. My question is will my application still be delayed in such early stages, if I changed my address after AOR because from what I understand it is transferred to local visa office only after the background checks?
Shouldn't create extra delays.