+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Vancouver or Stay in Montreal (need your help please)

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Are you living in calgary can you share more infos
Born and bred Calgarian here, though have lived in Toronto for 30 years. Fly back at least 6x/year, any questions about Cowtown, I will try to answer to the best of my ability
Note; the only thing keeping me from moving back is -40c plus windchill, and can't forget honourable mention to plugging in the car, or driving away and forgetting to unplug the car, and btw when people say it is a dry cold, ignore them, once it hits -40c, cold is cold
Calgary is a lot harder to navigate versus Toronto if you do not have a car. Sure you could find a place to live near that feeds into the LRT system, but they do not have 24hr transit like Toronto does, so if you do not have a car, you would have to take that into consideration

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Calgary may be great for some but it really depends on the industry. For example if you work in tech you won’t have a ton of opportunities.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rideshare car or electric scooter are some of the options in Calgary if one do not have a car.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to google, the electric scooter rideshare launched two months ago, so no tryout when -30 yet!

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
As well Calgary does not clear the roads, streets, sidewalks after every snow fall . They do the minimum, and wait for the Chinooks. If there’s no Chinooks, and yes it happens, the snow just builds up and up, until you literally have canyons up and down streets
If someone wants to use ride $haring everyday , be my gue$t.

figaro2

Jan 12, 2016
Argentina
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-07-2017
Passport Req..
3 nov 2017
LANDED..........
31 01 2018
Born and bred Calgarian here, though have lived in Toronto for 30 years. Fly back at least 6x/year, any questions about Cowtown, I will try to answer to the best of my ability
Note; the only thing keeping me from moving back is -40c plus windchill, and can't forget honourable mention to plugging in the car, or driving away and forgetting to unplug the car, and btw when people say it is a dry cold, ignore them, once it hits -40c, cold is cold
Calgary is a lot harder to navigate versus Toronto if you do not have a car. Sure you could find a place to live near that feeds into the LRT system, but they do not have 24hr transit like Toronto does, so if you do not have a car, you would have to take that into consideration
Hi there
amazing to have someone who knows all about it
well we are a gay couple and Toronto is being a bit hard for projecting ourselves creating a family here... we are not able to find a job that matches our profiles ( One in Bsness and one in culture and Art) well I feel as a newcomer it's that big struggle and loop : canadian experience required to get your first canadian experience
:)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there
amazing to have someone who knows all about it
well we are a gay couple and Toronto is being a bit hard for projecting ourselves creating a family here... we are not able to find a job that matches our profiles ( One in Bsness and one in culture and Art) well I feel as a newcomer it's that big struggle and loop : canadian experience required to get your first canadian experience
:)
What kind of business or sector and what type of arts and culture?

figaro2

Jan 12, 2016
Argentina
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-07-2017
Passport Req..
3 nov 2017
LANDED..........
31 01 2018

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you living in calgary can you share more infos
Yes I have been living in calgary since 2011. Luckily I am fine through the economy as I am not in oil and gas field...I am into Information Technology sector. The economy is picking up but rather slowly though....But if you are lucky to get a job which is usually higher average salary than other canadian cities your affordability is much better here....Be aware that Calgary still doesnt have any sales tax and housing is much cheaper than other big canadian cities....Schools are great for Kids

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I have been living in calgary since 2011. Luckily I am fine through the economy as I am not in oil and gas field...I am into Information Technology sector. The economy is picking up but rather slowly though....But if you are lucky to get a job which is usually higher average salary than other canadian cities your affordability is much better here....Be aware that Calgary still doesnt have any sales tax and housing is much cheaper than other big canadian cities....Schools are great for Kids
All this is true but Calgary lacks a lot of jobs or sectors like other larger cities. If you are in tech there isn’t a large IT scene. Would recommend KW or Ottawa if you want a smaller city but more tech jobs than Calgary. Calgary and Alberta. will work for some people but not everyone. Alberta still has a sales tax just in case some people get confused. It is a federal sales tax of 5%.

Praveen.123

Oct 2, 2018
Even I am debating Vancouver vs Montreal ! Whats the average 1bhk rent in suburbs in Vancouver vs Montreal ? Would prefer areas where usually indians prefer staying