Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
screech339 said:
Under the new PGP program, CIC expects you to maintain LICO during the entire PGP process. This means you must continue working in Canada to maintain Canadian income official sources. Once you leave to US to work, CiC will see through income tax that you were not residing in Canada during PGP processing. CIC will no doubt cancel your PGP application on account that you violated the rule and regulation that you must remain in Canada.
Of course income must be from Canadian sources to satisfy LICO. So even if there was no rule about residency, by simply working in the USA you would be making income that doesn't qualify for LICO. When CIC eventually asks for your income proof later on in processing, it would basically show $0 since it wasn't earned in Canada and that alone would cause any sponsor to be rejected.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rob_TO said:
Of course income must be from Canadian sources to satisfy LICO. So even if there was no rule about residency, by simply working in the USA you would be making income that doesn't qualify for LICO. When CIC eventually asks for your income proof later on in processing, it would basically show $0 since it wasn't earned in Canada and that alone would cause any sponsor to be rejected.
That would be an issue too. If the sponsor was to live in Niagara falls, ont and crossed the border to work in niagara falls NY on a daily basis. Despite maintaining residency in Canada, the US income would not count towards LICO despite claiming it on income tax filing.

mahin0401

Jan 19, 2015
Hi Jafary and others

On this discussion for immigration sponsorship while living outside of Canada, can any of you update me what was the outcome? Jafary what is the current status of you application; anyone else having similar situation and got away....what best can be done to avoid trouble..?

Please advise as I myself getting into similar situation; has immigration application in process, Step one completed recently and submitted step 2 applications by the sponsored applicant and necessary documents for applicant and his dependents and also paid right of landing fee. As sponsor I was in Canada till then and just moved to US for a 3 years assignment within the same company to work for the US entity. Planning to go back after 3 years.

Any idea! what can happen...Please advise.

Thanks
mahin0401

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mahin0401 said:
As sponsor I was in Canada till then and just moved to US for a 3 years assignment within the same company to work for the US entity. Planning to go back after 3 years.

You are not allowed to live outside of Canada during the sponsorship process. When CIC finds out, you can expect your app to be cancelled.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mahin0401 said:
Hi Jafary and others

On this discussion for immigration sponsorship while living outside of Canada, can any of you update me what was the outcome? Jafary what is the current status of you application; anyone else having similar situation and got away....what best can be done to avoid trouble..?

Please advise as I myself getting into similar situation; has immigration application in process, Step one completed recently and submitted step 2 applications by the sponsored applicant and necessary documents for applicant and his dependents and also paid right of landing fee. As sponsor I was in Canada till then and just moved to US for a 3 years assignment within the same company to work for the US entity. Planning to go back after 3 years.

Thanks
mahin0401
Not only you are not allowed to leave Canada and reside outside Canada, your US income will not count towards LICO annual requirement. Your income will come back to CIC as 0 income as you are getting paid in US (non Canadian sources).

mukkucanada

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Not only you are not allowed to leave Canada and reside outside Canada, your US income will not count towards LICO annual requirement. Your income will come back to CIC as 0 income as you are getting paid in US (non Canadian sources).
how about working temporary outside Canada ?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mukkucanada said:
how about working temporary outside Canada ?
It doesn't matter if you worked temporary outside Canada. US sourced income won't count towards LICO requirements. So if you worked outside for 5 months, without violating the Canadian residency requirement, you left with 7 months of Canadian income to use for LICO requirement.

Stop trying to look for loopholes.

PGP rules requires that you reside in Canada and have income from Canadian Sourced Income for LICO requirement. So maintain the annual LICO requirement during the entire PGP process until parent(s) land as PR. If you can't meet this requirement, apply for PGP when you do.

mikhan

Dec 20, 2016
Hi mahin0401
Can you please advice what ended up happening with you situation after your parent's application moved to Step 2. Had you left the country by then ?

Regards,
mikhan