+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to usa after applying Canadian citizenship

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hello all
Can I move to usa as soon as I apply for my Canadian citizenship?
Or do I need to wait to get Canadian passport to make a move?
I know I need to take oath in Canada, but after after getting citizenship, can I apply for Canadian passport from usa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all
Can I move to usa as soon as I apply for my Canadian citizenship?
Or do I need to wait to get Canadian passport to make a move?
I know I need to take oath in Canada, but after after getting citizenship, can I apply for Canadian passport from usa?
Recommend you move to the Citizenship section of the forum. Most discussions on this topic are found there.

go4sacchi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hello Friends,

I'm a Canadian PR holder and been in Canada for last 3+ years.
I've an approved/stamped H1B visa and will be relocating from Canada to USA. Anybody knows the process for relocating along with household goods, any good relocation service you've come across. I'll also be taking my car along (the one I had imported to Canada during my relocation from the USA) and don't think I've to pay any duties. Any suggestion/help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: msaurora
Mar 10, 2021
Hello Friends,

I've an approved/stamped H1B visa and will be relocating from Canada to USA. Anybody knows the process for relocating along with household goods, any good relocation service you've come across. I'll also be taking my car along (the one I had imported to Canada during my relocation from the USA) and don't think I've to pay any duties. Any suggestion/help will be greatly appreciated.
Could you please share ur email address for communication

msaurora

Mar 21, 2023
Hello Friends,

What did you end up doing? Please share your experience