+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Toronto this summer with Family

Vpalanimuthu

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Hi All,

Finally I have the chance to move to canada from the US with a job even though it is a huge paycut. But I am happy that I will have a job. I need help with figuring out how and when to move(like july or beginning of august). Is there any restrictions at the border due to Covid19? go through air? or Drive through? I am still figuring out the accomodation and transportation

Family of 4 - 3 PR and one US citizen baby

Thanks in advance,
Vignesh

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi All,

Finally I have the chance to move to canada from the US with a job even though it is a huge paycut. But I am happy that I will have a job. I need help with figuring out how and when to move(like july or beginning of august). Is there any restrictions at the border due to Covid19? go through air? or Drive through? I am still figuring out the accomodation and transportation

Thanks in advance,
Vignesh
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html

If your COPR was issued before 18 Mar 2020, you can travel even tomorrow if you want to. You need to have a plan to self isolate for 14 days with your family.

markmw

Feb 3, 2019
Thanks. 3 of us have COPR from 2018. baby doesnt have anything but a US passport.
W

Whenyou say " 3 of us have CoPR from 2018" , I hope you mean you already did soft landing and have PR by now? If you have PR card, you're exempt from the travel restrictions so you can travel to Canada.

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
Thanks. 3 of us have COPR from 2018. baby doesnt have anything but a US passport.
Not sure about the baby without PR , I have following concerns and really would like you to find answers : -

How long baby can stay in Canada with US passport ?
How about Medical insurance ?
We moved last year from USA but my son was 3 and had aPR.

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
I am in the same boat, 3 PR cards and a US born baby, planning to ome over by the end of August probably...still looking for a job.
One good thing, that the three month wait for OHIP is no longer their due to Covid, but u would need the health insurance for the baby for sure. and plan to start with sponsership of the kid as soon as you arrive, even i am looking for the answers to "How long baby can eventually stay in Canada with US passport ? "

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi All,

Thanks in advance,
Vignesh
when did you land?
do you meet residency obligation?

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
We landed in May 2018, i am assuming residency obligations means its not more than three years from the day of landing, right? Yes, in that case.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
we need to be *in Canada* for 730+ days which 2 years that means we cant stay more than 3 years outside, so we are good. we were out for two years and still have little less than three years to meet the obligation :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in the same boat, 3 PR cards and a US born baby, planning to ome over by the end of August probably...still looking for a job.
One good thing, that the three month wait for OHIP is no longer their due to Covid, but u would need the health insurance for the baby for sure. and plan to start with sponsership of the kid as soon as you arrive, even i am looking for the answers to "How long baby can eventually stay in Canada with US passport ? "
3 month waived period could change at any moment.

KanadianGuy

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Hi All,

Thanks in advance,
Vignesh

Btw, where are you moving from...i am planning to drive from Parsippany, NJ to toronto area byt the end of August.