+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Toronto - goods to follow

Agaton

Jul 29, 2021
Hi guys. I am moving from the US to Toronto in May. I will need to ship a few boxes containing my belongings. I am planning to get an Airbnb for the first month, while I find a place to rent. I have some questions about the following
  1. What address do I give the shipping company for the delivery of boxes?
  2. Is it possible/advisable to rent a place before I land? I am considering this to have the goods delivered and to have an address proof to get the health card as well.

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Hi guys. I am moving from the US to Toronto in May. I will need to ship a few boxes containing my belongings. I am planning to get an Airbnb for the first month, while I find a place to rent. I have some questions about the following
  1. What address do I give the shipping company for the delivery of boxes?
  2. Is it possible/advisable to rent a place before I land? I am considering this to have the goods delivered and to have an address proof to get the health card as well.
From my personal experience.
Talk to the moving company and mention you don't have an address yet. They can hold the boxes at their warehouse for some time.
Get an AirBnb for 2 weeks, it is very challenging to rent a place without seeing it. And it take a bit of time.
For healthcard, you will need an address proof like bank statement (mailed paper copy) or utility bill in your name.