+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Toronto (Clarification needed)

PG28

Aug 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,

My current employer is transferring me to Toronto, and so i'll be travelling this weekend.
I am going to carry my Passport (ofcourse), COPR and my employment documents.

Is there any other document required that's mandatory or even good to carry?

Just to recap, i had applied in the CEC category and i received my COPR 2nd week of Jan.

Appreciate all your help.

Thanks!!

naman.tuteja

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PG28 said:
Hi Folks,

My current employer is transferring me to Toronto, and so i'll be travelling this weekend.

Just to recap, i had applied in the CEC category and i received my COPR 2nd week of Jan.

Thanks!!
Congrats,
I did my landing @ Rainbow bridge and they asked for my Work Permit as well. So keep that handy. :)

Cheers !!!

If you were helped. Please give a +1 [Good] 8)

PG28

Aug 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Naman.

I don't have a work permit - do i need one? I thought a COPR and a Permanent Residence visa was sufficient to start working.
I am in India and i'll be travelling to Toronto from here.

I am assuming you were working in Toronto and did your landing at the rainbow bridge, and as a result you had to show your work permit.

tonykaram123

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
PG28 said:
Thanks Naman.

I don't have a work permit - do i need one? I thought a COPR and a Permanent Residence visa was sufficient to start working.
I am in India and i'll be travelling to Toronto from here.

I am assuming you were working in Toronto and did your landing at the rainbow bridge, and as a result you had to show your work permit.
Once you have a COPR and become a PR, you're basically a canadian citizen without the right to vote/run in/for elections.

Siddiquis

Star Member
Sep 18, 2015
PG28 said:
Hi Folks,

Thanks!!

Good to hear you got transfer, please give me some tips my employer is not inclined towards my transfer to any of WSP office in Ontario ...

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
tonykaram123 said:
Once you have a COPR and become a PR, you're basically a canadian citizen without the right to vote/run in/for elections.
Stretching a point I think given as a PR still need home country passport if wanting to travel and also in effect in the country on license if ever travelling out with a continued need to meet the 2 year residency obligation until at some time can apply to become a citizen.

PG28

Aug 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tonykaram123 said:
Thanks, so i am assuming the documentation i mentioned earlier is sufficient to carry?

PG28

Aug 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Siddiquis said:
Good to hear you got transfer, please give me some tips my employer is not inclined towards my transfer to any of WSP office in Ontario ...
Before joining the employer, i negotiated a deal that if i were to get my PR approved, they would transfer me to Toronto. So they are just honouring their commitment. Depending on your skill set, there are a lot of employers that have open job requirements in Canada, so i would recommend checking out the career portals actively.