+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Quebec on a new closed WP

klo2018

Jan 7, 2019
Hi,
I am considering moving from Ontario where I have been working on a closed WP for ~2 years, to Quebec for a different employer on a closed WP. I'm slightly confused about when the additional steps required for Quebec immigration apply and when they don't. I am an academic so my positions are LMIA exempt. Switching from one closed WP to another is a slightly precarious position, especially given IRCC processing times, so I'm just trying to work out if I would need additional paperwork from the Quebec Immigration before I could start the application with the Federal Government.
Many thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi,
I am considering moving from Ontario where I have been working on a closed WP for ~2 years, to Quebec for a different employer on a closed WP. I'm slightly confused about when the additional steps required for Quebec immigration apply and when they don't. I am an academic so my positions are LMIA exempt. Switching from one closed WP to another is a slightly precarious position, especially given IRCC processing times, so I'm just trying to work out if I would need additional paperwork from the Quebec Immigration before I could start the application with the Federal Government.
Many thanks
1. You first need a CAQ from Quebec
2. Then you can apply for a new work permit (83 days posted for processing)