+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Quebec from Ontario - Out of topic

smvijay

Star Member
Jul 28, 2005
ETATS-UNIS
Hi Guys,

I know that this question is going to be out of topic, but is still related to immigration. This forum has helped me greatly during my PR process, and I know my colleagues here are knowledgable to answer this one.

I immigrated as skilled worker and moved to Ottawa, and staying here for the past 2 months. I am planning to move to Montreal. Now, I want to know if there will be any complications (like obtaining CSQ), or just update my address in the CIC for my SIN, my dirver licence and then apply for my helath insurance? I have not resided in Quebec before.

Thanks in advance,
SMV

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

smvijay said:
Hi Guys,

I know that this question is going to be out of topic, but is still related to immigration. This forum has helped me greatly during my PR process, and I know my colleagues here are knowledgable to answer this one.

I immigrated as skilled worker and moved to Ottawa, and staying here for the past 2 months. I am planning to move to Montreal. Now, I want to know if there will be any complications (like obtaining CSQ), or just update my address in the CIC for my SIN, my dirver licence and then apply for my helath insurance? I have not resided in Quebec before.

Thanks in advance,
SMV
If you are a PR, you don't need a CSQ, your SIN is not changed, CIC doesn't care where you live (unless you are sponsoring someone), you will have to get a new license http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/driver_licence/exchange/index.html and apply for health insurance.

PMM

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
hi

i want to know that once i get legally settled in quebec, can i move to toronto or some other place in canada?

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - sub to montreal FEDERAL - sub to VO ABUDhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/09/2012 App received by CIC 11/03/2013 IN PROCESS
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
smvijay said:
Hi Guys,

hello, im just curious why u want to move to quebec from ontario?

Thanks in advance,
SMV