Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
RF
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
Hey everyone. I can't find any information about moving from English speaking province to Quebec being a permanent resident. That would be awesome if you help me out.
1) Is that even legal to move in Quebec for a permanent resident? If not, what are the consequences for migrating there? I know that Quebec is not a part of the Express Entry system. That's what makes me think that something might go wrong. I wasn't able find a job in Calgary for the last few months (since I've landed, job market is pretty much dead here at least for AutoCAD drafters, construction estimators and land surveyors) and am now running out of savings. My wife has found a job in Montreal so moving there would be the best scenario for us.
2) I have a valid albertan class 5 GDL driver's license. Do I have to pass the theory and road test when I move to Quebec or I can just exchange this license for an equivalent permis de conduire?
3) I'm planning to stay in Quebec until I'm eligible for a Canadian passport. Can I become a Canadian citizen after living in Canada for 3 years BUT if I reside in a non-express entry Quebec pretty much all the way long?
Thanks in advance, mes amis.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey everyone. I can't find any information about moving from English speaking province to Quebec being a permanent resident. That would be awesome if you help me out.
1) Is that even legal to move in Quebec for a permanent resident? If not, what are the consequences for migrating there? I know that Quebec is not a part of the Express Entry system. That's what makes me think that something might go wrong. I wasn't able find a job in Calgary for the last few months (since I've landed, job market is pretty much dead here at least for AutoCAD drafters, construction estimators and land surveyors) and am now running out of savings. My wife has found a job in Montreal so moving there would be the best scenario for us.
2) I have a valid albertan class 5 GDL driver's license. Do I have to pass the theory and road test when I move to Quebec or I can just exchange this license for an equivalent permis de conduire?
3) I'm planning to stay in Quebec until I'm eligible for a Canadian passport. Can I become a Canadian citizen after living in Canada for 3 years BUT if I reside in a non-express entry Quebec pretty much all the way long?
Hi

1. Yes, it's legal.

2. Google Quebec's licensing website.

3. Yes, you can become a citizen.

LodFresa

Jun 22, 2017
Having the same questions , but moving from Ontario, need to know if Health card will be an issue or not? interested in answers for 3rd question in particular.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Having the same questions , but moving from Ontario, need to know if Health card will be an issue or not? interested in answers for 3rd question in particular.
1. You'll get your health card (RAMQ) after three months. Make sure you go register for it as soon as you start living in Quebec
2. Yes Canadian passport eligibility also includes time spent living in Quebec.

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi;

Quebec is a part of Canada. A Canadian PR is a Canadian PR regardless the immigration program or the province.

Drivers license will be exchanged to an equivalent category, just call to SAAQ for an appointment since it is mandatory for exchange.

Health card RAMQ.. You will have a 3 months bar meanwhile you will be covered by your province of origin. Then Quebec will take over on the first day of your third month as a Quebec resident regardless If you have been arrived at day 20 or 30.

As soon as you come to Quebec, go to subscribe for your Quebec health card RAMQ.

Ridge

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
RF
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-04-2018
1. You'll get your health card (RAMQ) after three months. Make sure you go register for it as soon as you start living in Quebec
2. Yes Canadian passport eligibility also includes time spent living in Quebec.
Today I've received a message about my PR card from IRCC stating that "the photos submitted to this office do not meet the required specifications." The same photos like in CoPR but they're not good enough and they have no idea why since all the photos are processed by computer. Very f*ckin funny since they 100% meet all the criteria and were checked by Canada Visa office back in Russia.
IRCC agent told me that I can move anywhere in Canada since I've got CoPR and I'm allowed to order PR card on Quebec address. Is that true or I have to wait my PR card in Express Entry province? (Quebec isn't one of them, obviously). Even if I send them my photos today I'm gonna wait at least two more months cause today they process applications from the late September.

pinkdots

Oct 11, 2018
Today I've received a message about my PR card from IRCC stating that "the photos submitted to this office do not meet the required specifications." The same photos like in CoPR but they're not good enough and they have no idea why since all the photos are processed by computer. Very f*ckin funny since they 100% meet all the criteria and were checked by Canada Visa office back in Russia.
IRCC agent told me that I can move anywhere in Canada since I've got CoPR and I'm allowed to order PR card on Quebec address. Is that true or I have to wait my PR card in Express Entry province? (Quebec isn't one of them, obviously). Even if I send them my photos today I'm gonna wait at least two more months cause today they process applications from the late September.
What happened to your situation? Did you move to Quebec before receiving PR Card? I am in the same situation as you.