+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Quebec as a internationally educated physiotherapist

gkmc1420

Aug 19, 2019
Hello everyone. I'm planning on coming to Canada in near future for IEC (I still have few months left to come). My plan during this year is to at least try to move there permamently. I'm 32, single, I have masters in physiotherapy and 1 year of experiance in that field (noc 3142). To tell you the truth up until recently I was pretty much only considering Ontario but as I'm learning more french (I thought it would be good idea to at least start learning Canada's second language to maximize my chances) I'm getting more and more interested in Quebec. My plan was to find a job as physiotherapist assistant (skill level B) and try to get PR (which I would need to register as a physiotherapist in Ontario) via express entry with job offer (which I would need to register as a physiotherapist in Ontario). But everything I was reading and learning about was about Ontario and I know there is completly seperated process for Quebec. Could you please give me some advice what should I look at, what should I read about etc. I really don't want to waste the time during this IEC and at least try. I really hope that my post is not too chaotic, thanks!

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Hello everyone. I'm planning on coming to Canada in near future for IEC (I still have few months left to come). My plan during this year is to at least try to move there permamently. I'm 32, single, I have masters in physiotherapy and 1 year of experiance in that field (noc 3142). To tell you the truth up until recently I was pretty much only considering Ontario but as I'm learning more french (I thought it would be good idea to at least start learning Canada's second language to maximize my chances) I'm getting more and more interested in Quebec. My plan was to find a job as physiotherapist assistant (skill level B) and try to get PR (which I would need to register as a physiotherapist in Ontario) via express entry with job offer (which I would need to register as a physiotherapist in Ontario). But everything I was reading and learning about was about Ontario and I know there is completly seperated process for Quebec. Could you please give me some advice what should I look at, what should I read about etc. I really don't want to waste the time during this IEC and at least try. I really hope that my post is not too chaotic, thanks!
My suggestion is to forget Quebec. Immigrate to Rest of Canada via Express Entry. Once you become PR, you can consider moving to Quebec after learning French & exploring Quebec for a while.

If you like Quebec so much, be prepared to wait years and years for a PR from Quebec. Just search in this forum for keywords like "CSQ delay" "Mon Project delay" "Quebec backlog" "Federal backlogs". "Arrima invitiation" , "CAQ government's PEQ reforms" etc.

Also in Quebec, it will be hard for your degrees and occupation to be recognized than rest of Canada along with the barrier of giving exams in French to get certified for your profession. Its not impossible, but hard to do in Quebec. Think twice before jumping onto Quebec immigration bandwagon because its a long hard bumpy journey ahead. Also note that you cannot apply for Express Entry while working and residing in Quebec. Quebec do not follow Express Entry process. Quebec has its own immigration process. Express Entry applications from Quebec have a very high chance for rejection.

Reactions: Immstu

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would avoid Quebec if you don't speak French fluently.