+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to quebec after submit my ouland spousal application

kazawi1001

Sep 28, 2022
Hello Guys.
I'm permanent resident living in alberta for now and i submitted the spousal application for my wife since march 2022.

I'm just wondering if moved to quebec with intention to settle down there.
I will be required to apply for csq? If yes how long it gonna take.

Thank you

sbh34

Aug 1, 2021
Hello Guys.
I'm permanent resident living in alberta for now and i submitted the spousal application for my wife since march 2022.

Thank you
Yes, it will become a Quebec case and you would be required to apply for CSQ. Typical processing time is 2-3 calendar months. But that is a minor problem in my opinion. The major problem is that many a times applications from Quebec just stop progressing on federal side. Unless absolutely necessary, I would avoid this step in the middle of application.

Reactions: Jay13M

Mosay

Jun 9, 2022
Yes, it will become a Quebec case and you would be required to apply for CSQ. Typical processing time is 2-3 calendar months. But that is a minor problem in my opinion. The major problem is that many a times applications from Quebec just stop progressing on federal side. Unless absolutely necessary, I would avoid this step in the middle of application.
Hi I am a permanent resident FSW (no csq), I landed in Ontario but recently I moved to Quebec for work. Now I want to sponsor my spouse and child, so for the same 1. Do I need CSQ for myself to be eligible to sponsor?
2. Will my moving to Quebec for work hamper the application in anyway?
3. My wife doesn't know french so will it be a problem for her in getting the CSQ as a part of sponsorship process?
Please help.
Thank you

sbh34

Aug 1, 2021
Hi I am a permanent resident FSW (no csq), I landed in Ontario but recently I moved to Quebec for work. Now I want to sponsor my spouse and child, so for the same 1. Do I need CSQ for myself to be eligible to sponsor?
2. Will my moving to Quebec for work hamper the application in anyway?
3. My wife doesn't know french so will it be a problem for her in getting the CSQ as a part of sponsorship process?
Please help.
Thank you
1. No.
2. Officially not but anecdotal evidence varies. Some people find it very smooth whereas others experience unexpected processing delays.
3. No.

Reactions: Mosay

Mosay

Jun 9, 2022
Thank you so much for
1. No.
2. Officially not but anecdotal evidence varies. Some people find it very smooth whereas others experience unexpected processing delays.
3. No.
Thank you so much for your response. I hope it doesn't lead to delays in my case. I will apply within a month. Let's hope it works out.

Jay13M

Jul 26, 2023
on QC website for parents sponsorship it shows less than 8 weeks. has anyone gone through this?

Jay13M

Jul 26, 2023
1. No.
3. No.
How did it go with you? did you get CSQ for your spouse?
Hello Guys.

Thank you

Can you please share any update? did you move and if so did you have to get CSQ to continue processing the sponsorship? I have similar situation with parents sponsorship. Thank you

Soon!

Dec 8, 2013
Hello Guys.

Thank you
Hello Kazawi.

How did it go on your end. Did you actually make the move, if yes, did you apply for CSQ?