+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to other province after receiving Permanent Residency Card in Quebec

HumairDiwan

Sep 8, 2017
Hi,

What happens if a person immigrates to Quebec and receives Permanent Residency Card but moves to other province for job. How does it affect the PR obligation ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

What happens if a person immigrates to Quebec and receives Permanent Residency Card but moves to other province for job. How does it affect the PR obligation ?
If you committed (saying in your application that you intended) to settling in Québec, it might be a potential cause of problems if you have not made a reasonable attempt to settle there before relocating. Québec might view it as misrepresentation of intent.

HumairDiwan

Sep 8, 2017
If you committed (saying in your application that you intended) to settling in Québec, it might be a potential cause of problems if you have not made a reasonable attempt to settle there before relocating. Québec might view it as misrepresentation of intent.
What if applicant stayed there over 2 and half months ? would it be considered as a reasonale attempt to settle.

Onyeomanacanada

Jul 24, 2018
Category........
If you committed (saying in your application that you intended) to settling in Québec, it might be a potential cause of problems if you have not made a reasonable attempt to settle there before relocating. Québec might view it as misrepresentation of intent.[/
Exactly!

Ayaan baby

Nov 13, 2017
After landing as PR, you can settle in any province. Google "Canada Mobility Rights".
I think many have applied for PR renewal or citizenship application by this time (those who have moved to other provinces without staying in Quebec).Anybody faced any problems? Any examples to cite?

AB_Shakeel

Nov 6, 2018
I have applied for Quebec immigration, I got my CSQ already, waiting for medical, I came to know by my lawyer after going there I have to stay minimum of two years, as he said, after lending in Quebec, i will get my PR card within two months.

A friend of mine ask me to come Toronto and stay with him even to work with him as well.

As my lawyer said I must not go anyother province, so I am bit worried, what will happen if I will go Toronto very next day of lending in Quebec.

Please share more details, according this situation.

Thank you

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
I have applied for Quebec immigration, I got my CSQ already, waiting for medical, I came to know by my lawyer after going there I have to stay minimum of two years, as he said, after lending in Quebec, i will get my PR card within two months.

A friend of mine ask me to come Toronto and stay with him even to work with him as well.

As my lawyer said I must not go anyother province, so I am bit worried, what will happen if I will go Toronto very next day of lending in Quebec.

Please share more details, according this situation.

Thank you
Show him this page and ask him where does it say that you need to stay in Quebec for 2 years:
https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/how-rights-protected/guide-canadian-charter-rights-freedoms.html#section6

Only time CIC/CBSA can reject your PR status is at the of landing. Before your COPR is signed by CBSA agent you have to show your intent to reside in the sponsoring province. Once your PR is signed, you are protected under mobility rights.