+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

moving to other province after PR card

arul fernando

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Hello guys..

i was said that once we get the PR card, we can move to any province of our wish...

if thats the case, if i get a SINP nomination and then get my PR card in 2 months,

can i migrate to montreal ?

please let me know
thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello guys..

i was said that once we get the PR card, we can move to any province of our wish...

if thats the case, if i get a SINP nomination and then get my PR card in 2 months,

can i migrate to montreal ?

please let me know
thanks
So, basically you intend to lie to the province about your intention to settle in Saskatchewan if they nominate you for PR? This is actually misrepresentation.

arul fernando

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
but the mobility of freedom act says u r free to go to any province
" Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in, and leave, Canada. Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident ofCanada has the right: to move to, and take up residence in, any province, and. to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province "

So, basically you intend to lie to the province about your intention to settle in Saskatchewan if they nominate you for PR? This is actually misrepresentation.

Reactions: Grechy7

therunner

Nov 4, 2018
Egypt
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
" Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in, and leave, Canada. Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident ofCanada has the right: to move to, and take up residence in, any province, and. to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province "
Well yes you can legally move to any other province but it's a just a matter of morality.
This province nominated you as they need you. If I were you I'd just stay there for some time exploring around and maybe finally decide to move somewhere else.

Reactions: jdtee2004

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
While that is correct, it's still misrepresentation to lie in your PNP and PR application in order to gain immigration status. The province or IRCC could in theory chase you for this and IRCC revoke your Permanent Resident status for intentional fraud.

knokkelmann16

Jul 6, 2018
While that is correct, it's still misrepresentation to lie in your PNP and PR application in order to gain immigration status. The province or IRCC could in theory chase you for this and IRCC revoke your Permanent Resident status for intentional fraud.
can you please explain what intentional fraud means? never heard of this term. are intentions punishable? I don't think so

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
can you please explain what intentional fraud means? never heard of this term. are intentions punishable? I don't think so
Intentional fraud is when you "intentionally commit a fraudulent act".

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You aren't a PR. You are a foreign national intending to lie in an immigration application about settling in Saskatchewan in order to gain PR status. That's fraud.

Reactions: rockyon and zardoz

ashenne

Sep 11, 2013
Hi all can i share my case? I got my PR through PNP-SK, i have a bf who used to live here but he moved in alberta because he got a better job there. I was an international student at the time he moved. So i finished my school got a job here and processed nomination until i get my PR. Now my bf is asking me to move and live with him in alberta. Would it be misrepresentation if i move with him 4 mos after i get my PR? Pls need advice. Thanks. Ps. We have a plan to return to SK as soon as he gets a job here cause her daughter is here but the thing is dont know when.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
Hi all can i share my case? I got my PR through PNP-SK, i have a bf who used to live here but he moved in alberta because he got a better job there. I was an international student at the time he moved. So i finished my school got a job here and processed nomination until i get my PR. Now my bf is asking me to move and live with him in alberta. Would it be misrepresentation if i move with him 4 mos after i get my PR? Pls need advice. Thanks. Ps. We have a plan to return to SK as soon as he gets a job here cause her daughter is here but the thing is dont know when.
Yes. This is a kind of misrepresentation.

heartland232

Mar 11, 2019
The information above is unfortunately untrue.

The Federal Government and the Provincial Government are both well aware of the nominees moving to different provinces, they even conducted a study on the retention rates of PNP nominees: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/documents/pdf/english/evaluation/e1-2015-pnp-en.pdf

Here's the help section from the IRCC website:
I am a new permanent resident in Canada. Can I live somewhere other than the “city of destination” on my Confirmation of Permanent Residence?
Yes, you can. As a permanent resident, you have the right to live, work or study anywhere in Canada.
However, if you became a permanent resident through the Provincial Nominee Program, the province that nominated you has chosen you to bring skills to their province.

It does not explicitly indicated that moving to a different province could result in misrepresentation or even revoking your PR status.

When it comes to misrepresentation, it will definitely bring up red flags when you have no intentions at all BEFORE you arrive in your province of destination. For example, if you buy a house in BC when you are a Manitoba PNP nominee before you validating your CoPR, the officers therefore will play the role of doing the final assessment of your intention when you are validating your CoPR at the port of entry or IRCC office. Once your CoPR is validated, the intention no longer applies to you as your PR status is protected by the Charter of Human Rights including your Mobility Rights. Thus, residing in your nominated province is merely depends on your morality.

Intentions change, life changes, and we cannot predict what will happen next. For PNP nominees, we should try our best to live in the nominated provinces before and after coming to the nominated province. But if life changes, we are able to move anywhere.

Here's the website that is helpful as well: https://www.immigration.ca/provincial-immigrants-free-to-move-anywhere-in-canada

Reactions: tantan911

hvking

Jan 10, 2016
IRCC can do nothing. You sign a document that says that your intention is to stay in the province. It can change anytime after you become a PR. It is illegal for them to revoke your PR status due to change in province.

Reactions: Grechy7