Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
Hello guys,
I got my PPR recently and I am in the process of deciding on how and when to move in. Have so many queries, would love if people can share their experiences/advice:
1. Me and my spouse are both in IT and would both be looking for job upon landing. Is it a good idea to bring our 3 year old just yet? I don't have family support there and day cares look expensive. How have you guys managed to move in with a kid initially? Or will it be better that one of us moves there finds a job and then the other one moves in with the kid later, of course before the immigrant visa expires .
2. Is there any good time to move to Canada, when chances of finding employment is more?
3. Upon reception of COPR, am I considered a PR holder even before landing? Will it be a sufficient proof if I want to apply to a college as a PR holder?
4. What in your personal opinion is a good place to start job hunt in Ontario? Parameters being presence of some potential employers in IT field, initial cost of living on the lower side, availability of good mode of transport.
5. How do you go about looking for volunteer jobs in IT?
6. Is soft landing a good option. Will I face issues while applying for PRTD at a later date?
I would really appreciate if you guys can throw some light on the above queries or direct me to some link or thread that has answers to them.
Thank you

Last edited:

Nian427

Star Member
May 14, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hello guys,
I got my PPR recently and I am in the process of deciding on how and when to move in. Have so many queries, would love if people can share their experiences/advice:
1. Me and my spouse are both in IT and would both be looking for job upon landing. Is it a good idea to bring our 3 year old just yet? I don't have family support there and day cares look expensive. How have you guys managed to move in with a kid initially? Or will it be better that one of us moves there finds a job and then the other one moves in with the kid later, of course before the immigrant visa expires .
I feel it is better if one of you travels first, finds a job and then the rest of you follow.
2. Is there any good time to move to Canada, when chances of finding employment is more?
Generally, early in the year should be good. But there is not a lot of difference.
3. Upon reception of COPR, am I considered a PR holder even before landing? Will it be a sufficient proof if I want to apply to a college as a PR holder?
Yes that's fine.
4. What in your personal opinion is a good place to start job hunt in Ontario? Parameters being presence of some potential employers in IT field, initial cost of living on the lower side, availability of good mode of transport.
Toronto and Vancouver are both good options. Calgary is also good.
5. How do you go about looking for volunteer jobs in IT?
I don't know.
6. Is soft landing a good option. Will I face issues while applying for PRTD at a later date?
I personally don't like it if you want to search for a job, you need at least a month or so.
I would really appreciate if you guys can throw some light on the above queries or direct me to some link or thread that has answers to them.
Thank you
See above.

Reactions: Nian427

Nian427

Star Member
May 14, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-09-2017
Passport Req..
08-01-2018
See above.
Thank you for you reply! Just one more thing in point 4, I was enquiring about some place to settle in Ontario, as I got the PNP from Ontario. You mentioned Vancouver and Calgary which are not in Ontario. Is there any other place other than Toronto in Ontario that I can opt for initially?
Thank you

doneshbajaj82

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
Nomination.....
12-09-2017
Thank you for you reply! Just one more thing in point 4, I was enquiring about some place to settle in Ontario, as I got the PNP from Ontario. You mentioned Vancouver and Calgary which are not in Ontario. Is there any other place other than Toronto in Ontario that I can opt for initially?
Thank you
Apart from Toronto.. Ottawa and Mississauga are also a good place to start if you are from IT background.

Reactions: Nian427