+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to NS

BeaHon

Jun 16, 2021
Hi there, just before we complete on the house sale....

I am moving to NS to be with my Canadian husband, we have been married for 2 years and going back and forth. My 21 year old daughter wants to come to live with us too thankfully, can anyone advise any problems with this please? We are from the UK. Many thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there, just before we complete on the house sale....

I am moving to NS to be with my Canadian husband, we have been married for 2 years and going back and forth. My 21 year old daughter wants to come to live with us too thankfully, can anyone advise any problems with this please? We are from the UK. Many thanks.
You must sponsor her and get your paperwork in before she turns 22 or she must be included in your sponsorship application which she should be already.

Reactions: armoured

BeaHon

Jun 16, 2021
You must sponsor her and get your paperwork in before she turns 22 or she must be included in your sponsorship application which she should be already.
Can you explain that a little more? I don't really understand the process to be honest :oops: only that I think my husband has to apply under a spousal visa? and we cannot leave for a year! :)
We have not started the application yet as I was unable to stay for a year to do it. I had a house in the UK to sell and its just sold. The plan is to apply when I arrive in aug/sept permanently. My husband is living there (Step dad) and my daughter is 22 in July 2022. She wants to go to college so I hope that will be possible for her.
Best way to apply? self online or via an immigration lawyer?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can you explain that a little more? I don't really understand the process to be honest :oops: only that I think my husband has to apply under a spousal visa? and we cannot leave for a year! :)
We have not started the application yet as I was unable to stay for a year to do it. I had a house in the UK to sell and its just sold. The plan is to apply when I arrive in aug/sept permanently. My husband is living there (Step dad) and my daughter is 22 in July 2022. She wants to go to college so I hope that will be possible for her.
Best way to apply? self online or via an immigration lawyer?
- You can't apply online. It's a paper-based application.
- It's your choice whether you use a lawyer or not. Depends how much research and reading you are willing do to on your own.
- It is absolutely critical that IRCC receives a complete application with your daughter included as a dependent before she turns 22. (BTW - If she is 21 now then it doesn't make sense that she turns 22 in July 2022. Either you have her current age wrong or her birthday wrong.)
- Read here for the details on how to apply. There are two different applications streams and you will need to chose one. The outland stream can be used if you are outside of Canada while applying (you can certainly come to Canada as a visitor while it is processing). You can apply inland instead but you need to be in Canada to do that.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

Reactions: YVR123

BeaHon

Jun 16, 2021
- You can't apply online. It's a paper-based application.
- It's your choice whether you use a lawyer or not. Depends how much research and reading you are willing do to on your own.
- It is absolutely critical that IRCC receives a complete application with your daughter included as a dependent before she turns 22. (BTW - If she is 21 now then it doesn't make sense that she turns 22 in July 2022. Either you have her current age wrong or her birthday wrong.)
- Read here for the details on how to apply. There are two different applications streams and you will need to chose one. The outland stream can be used if you are outside of Canada while applying (you can certainly come to Canada as a visitor while it is processing). You can apply inland instead but you need to be in Canada to do that.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html
Thank you so much.
she is 21 on the 19th July coming so I figured when we arrive she will be 21.;)