+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Canada to start business

parasmrut

Feb 25, 2023
I am moving to Toronto to incorporate and start business. Should I contact their economic development office or some other government office to get support from them?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am moving to Toronto to incorporate and start business. Should I contact their economic development office or some other government office to get support from them?
What do you mean by support? The Toronto EDO can help with making sure you have the right permits. You can register your business federally or provincially.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
There maybe grants for businesses CURRENTLY operating. Not brand new . These grants and or loans can be on the Federal and or Provincial level . You’d have to research those . But typically they require a business to have been in operation for a certain time period , that it is a legitimate business , have a firm financial background supported by tax returns , payroll accounts . Governments just won’t hand out funds to business that are brand new. It’s taxpayer money. Brand new businesses typically have to get private investors ( seed money ) and or a bank LOC to start , not the Government.

Reactions: Kalaideng

harpalsingh19

Mar 4, 2023
hello
i am approved under SINP ‐ Entrepreneur Category and also received the Letter of Support.
Now I have to apply for the Temporary Work Permit for me , Open work permit for my wife and Study permits for my sons.
i am not able to move ahead for these permits, I tried IRCC GCKEY also but in that there are so many options that I got confused but on SINP guideline they say to register as Employer Portal but its also not happening.
please if anybody has applied for these Permits under PNP category Kindly help and guide ( Step by Step Procedure).

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Federal self employed program.. check IRCC website for details.. you should be in the same business in your country for atleast 3 years and have all documentation to prove your were doing the business.. The process time is 44 months from the date of application

May 6, 2023
Research the market and business opportunities in Canada to determine if there is a demand for your product or service.
Decide on the type of business structure you want to establish in Canada. This can include a sole proprietorship, partnership, or corporation.
Apply for a work permit or permanent residency in Canada, as you will need legal authorization to work and start a business in Canada.
Register your business with the appropriate government agencies and obtain any necessary permits or licenses.

May 6, 2023
Research the market and business opportunities in Canada to determine if there is a demand for your product or service.
Decide on the type of business structure you want to establish in Canada. This can include a sole proprietorship, partnership, or corporation.
Apply for a work permit or permanent residency in Canada, as you will need legal authorization to work and start a business in Canada.
Register your business with the appropriate government agencies and obtain any necessary permits or licenses.
Furthermore, actually take a look at IRCC site for subtleties.. you ought to be in a similar business in your country for atleast 3 years and have all documentation to demonstrate your were doing the business.. The interaction time is 44 months from the date of utilization

Last edited: