+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Canada on work permit while FSW PR is still pending.

d3ftar

Mar 19, 2021
I (plus my wife) have a Nov 2020 AOR ( medicals, biometrics complete in Dec). Due to Covid it does not look like the PR will come by May 6, it could be a few months out.
My employer is willing to move me to Canada on inter company transfer. The travel restrictions do not apply on inter company transfers. So, it may be possible to travel.

I had a few questions:
1) What happens to the PR application if I go with this option ? My understanding is that the application will become inland. How do I update IRCC (and what documents would be required) that I have moved and PR can be processed as an inland candidate.
2) Are there any negative consequences of pursuing this option ?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
1) its doesnt become 'inland'. there is no 'inland' class. you just have to inform them of the change in address
2) there is no option to pursue.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How is the application impacted after the change of address ?
Update and change the address. Has your employer applied for and been approved for an ICT? ICTs are only approved for executive, senior management or technical knowledge (prove no one in Canada has the knowledge in the office or can be hired).

d3ftar

Mar 19, 2021
Update and change the address. Has your employer applied for and been approved for an ICT? ICTs are only approved for executive, senior management or technical knowledge (prove no one in Canada has the knowledge in the office or can be hired).
Yeah, my employer is going through the process ( they just did it for one of my teammates successfully ). I am also concerned about the timelines. Is it worth waiting for the PR ( since it is taking a long time ) ? I have heard that work permits are also taking a longer now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah, my employer is going through the process ( they just did it for one of my teammates successfully ). I am also concerned about the timelines. Is it worth waiting for the PR ( since it is taking a long time ) ? I have heard that work permits are also taking a longer now.
If your employer is willing to go through the ICT process, then there's no harm in trying. Hard to say if PR will come through first or the work permit.

us2ca-go

Mar 23, 2021
I (plus my wife) have a Nov 2020 AOR ( medicals, biometrics complete in Dec). Due to Covid it does not look like the PR will come by May 6, it could be a few months out.
My employer is willing to move me to Canada on inter company transfer. The travel restrictions do not apply on inter company transfers. So, it may be possible to travel.

I had a few questions:
1) What happens to the PR application if I go with this option ? My understanding is that the application will become inland. How do I update IRCC (and what documents would be required) that I have moved and PR can be processed as an inland candidate.
2) Are there any negative consequences of pursuing this option ?
I am in the same situation - company is pursuing ICT due to uncertainty with the PR application. Going to use whatever comes through first to move.