+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Canada from United States on workpermit

laracroft0077

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Dear Members,

I am moving to Ontario, Canada on workpermit, Initially for couple of months planning to stay through Airbnb due to personal reasons and then move in to a house.
So the idea is to rent a storage unit store all the household (2BHK that includes a sofa, TV etc).

Any suggestions on storage units anywhere in Ontario?
I am planning to use UPACK, is there any other suggested service ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear Members,

I am moving to Ontario, Canada on workpermit, Initially for couple of months planning to stay through Airbnb due to personal reasons and then move in to a house.
So the idea is to rent a storage unit store all the household (2BHK that includes a sofa, TV etc).

There are tons of storage units all over Ontario. Your question is really to vague to answer. Suggest you google the address where you'll be staying or working or the city - and then hit "maps". You'll then see where they are all located (google will plot this for you). Lots of different size options - heated / unheated, etc.

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Dear Members,

What type of work permit you are moving on? Also, are you on H1b in US?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
General rule is the further out of the city the cheaper the storage will be. Will also depend on how often you need access to the stuff in storage.

Chidex12345

Feb 7, 2020
Dear Members,

Hey, how were you able to get a job offer ? How long did the whole process take? I'm about to start applying for jobs. Thanks

laracroft0077

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Hey, how were you able to get a job offer ? How long did the whole process take? I'm about to start applying for jobs. Thanks
For me it’s an intracompany transfer, It took 15days in total that’s includes biometric, passport collection and approval letters.