+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Canada for better future

Sam23

Oct 4, 2018
Hello everyone

This is my first time here,

My age is 34, single and I m looking for my options to immigrate to Canada.

I m working in a decent corporate in safe country and have an experience over 10 years in finance and real estate industry, have 2 master degrees and speaking French and English

The only reason that i m starting a thread in this forum is because i m Syrian. I still visit my country to check on my parents but it is still not secure situation there, so it is impossible for me to get back and settle there.

Unfortunately, my current residency in my current working place cannot be converted to citizenship at anytime and i want stability to start a family

Therefore i want to apply to Canada and start a new life there.

I already start going through the steps of skilled workers program and studying IELTS to submit the exam.

However, few people encourage me to apply to refugee program as this program now facilitate the procedures for Syrians.

Can you please advise me if i can apply on the refugee program or should i continue on skilled workers program ?

Many thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's no longer a facilitate procedure for Syrians. If you wish to apply for refugee status in Canada from your present location, you'll first need to be declared as a refugee by UNHCR. UNHCR will then need to select you for resettlement in Canada. You have no choice which country UNHCR selects for your resettlement and there's a low chance you'd end up in Canada in the end.

Best option for you is to apply for PR through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry.

Reactions: BobTheHelper

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Much faster option is express entry as well. You also are currently not in any danger so there is no guarantee you would receive asylum. You'd also have to anticipate a 4-5 year process to get PR and you would not be able to visit Syyria for at least 8 years maybe more.

Sam23

Oct 4, 2018
Thanks for the replies, my original path was through express entry, but people advise me about the other route

Anyway, i already start studying IELTS.

Any good ideas to accelerate the process ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the replies, my original path was through express entry, but people advise me about the other route

Anyway, i already start studying IELTS.

Any good ideas to accelerate the process ?
Best way to accelerate the process is to dedicate significant time to reading and understanding all of the requirements of the Express Entry program so that you do the right things to prepare and have all of the supporting documents you need to apply. For example, I assume you have already started the ECA process. I would also recommend spending time reading through the discussions in the express entry section of the forum.

Reactions: canuck78