+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to another province

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Hi,

I’m « at the middle » of the process of my RP, and my wife (Canadian citizen) would like to move to another province. Is there any impact on the process of my PR ?

Thanks.

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi,

I’m « at the middle » of the process of my RP, and my wife (Canadian citizen) would like to move to another province. Is there any impact on the process of my PR ?

Thanks.
If you move to Quebec, YES. There is an extra step to take Quebec selection certificate ( QSC or CSQ).

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
Québec or other?
From Ontario to Quebec (at the border of Ontario).

Is it better not to inform IRCC and keep my address at my in laws (Ontario) ?
The thing is, my wife found a federal job in Ottawa, and the Quebec side is cheaper when it comes to houses.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

The thing is, my wife found a federal job in Ottawa, and the Quebec side is cheaper when it comes to houses.
It is better to tell the truth.

You're required to live together if inland applicants, and assuming they would not notice her address would be ... not a good idea.

Idrissrafd

Aug 12, 2020
It is better to tell the truth.

You're required to live together if inland applicants, and assuming they would not notice her address would be ... not a good idea.
We’ve an Outland application.

So basically if I update my address, I’ve to go through the CSQ ?

frange

May 25, 2018
We’ve an Outland application.

So basically if I update my address, I’ve to go through the CSQ ?
All GC employees are teleworking now, so no need to move to the national capital region (NCR= Gatineau-Ottawa). If she decides to do so, she has to consider her new address as temporary and keep the previous one as permanent; so that no need to go through CSQ.

Reactions: Idrissrafd

frange

May 25, 2018

One thing to consider: Taxes will be higher than Ontario and houses cheaper.

Reactions: Idrissrafd