+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to another province while PR in progress (inland)

GrettaFox

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2020
AOR Received.
22-05-2020
Med's Done....
11-07-2020
LANDED..........
20-03-2021
Hi guys.

I am in a bit of a confusion here and wanted to see if someone would have information on that.

I've applied for PR in Ontario with CEC stream in May 2020, however, as it takes extra time to process application rn due to COVID our plans have changed and my fiance (canadian) and I are looking at potentially moving to Alberta. Would that move affect the application since I have filed it originally from Ontario? I know I would need to change my address on file but would that be the only change?

Really fed up with this wait and just cannot put my life aside any longer...

Thank you for your replies beforehand!

HarrisRyans

Mar 1, 2021
When can I move out of the nominating province? Right after your PR status is granted (after your CoPR is signed at the PoE), you should definitely go and settle in the province that nominated you. Yes, you can. As a permanent resident, you have the right to live, work or study anywhere in Canada. However, if you became a permanent resident through the Provincial Nominee Program, the province that nominated you has chosen you to bring skills to their province.
acesetm

GrettaFox

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2020
AOR Received.
22-05-2020
Med's Done....
11-07-2020
LANDED..........
20-03-2021
When can I move out of the nominating province? Right after your PR status is granted (after your CoPR is signed at the PoE), you should definitely go and settle in the province that nominated you. Yes, you can. As a permanent resident, you have the right to live, work or study anywhere in Canada. However, if you became a permanent resident through the Provincial Nominee Program, the province that nominated you has chosen you to bring skills to their province.
acesetm
Thank you for the reply! I’m cec not pnp so that’s not quite my case. I was not nominated by the province

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi guys.

I am in a bit of a confusion here and wanted to see if someone would have information on that.

I've applied for PR in Ontario with CEC stream in May 2020, however, as it takes extra time to process application rn due to COVID our plans have changed and my fiance (canadian) and I are looking at potentially moving to Alberta. Would that move affect the application since I have filed it originally from Ontario? I know I would need to change my address on file but would that be the only change?

You can move freely except for Québec. All you need to do is inform IRCC of the change of address using a Webform. This will have 0 impact on your application

Reactions: dgeorge

Ramneek03

Oct 25, 2018
Hi guys.

Hey, i have same case. Will that be problem ?

Ramneek03

Oct 25, 2018
I applied for CEC inland, sep 2020 aor, haven't got any reply on file. As due to covid it is taking long time, meanwhile i was thinking of moving to Calgary, alberta? Will that be a problem?

DH0408

Feb 6, 2022
Hi guys.

Hello dear,

I have the exact same case as yours, my PR is process and I have to move to alberta. Could you guide me please if this caused any problem in the file

Neslan14

Jun 20, 2023
Hi, please reply my question as I do need an answer. I applied for refugee claimant from Edmonton, Alberta, then I was eligible to apply for PR in Canada, I applied for the PR application from Edmonton, Alberta, since 4 months. Now I am waiting for my PR. (PR in progress) Can I moved to another province (British Colombia) while I am waiting for my PR, Will this affect my PR anyway? please note, after they accepted my refugee claimant, they provided me with a work permit. Please advise, can I move to another province and this will not affect my PR anyway?