+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to another Province through AIPP after PR

priyankasumit

Jan 29, 2019
We came in November 2019 to New Brunswick through AIPP and got permanent resident in Canada in March 2020. Can I move somewhere other than the “city of destination” on my Confirmation of Permanent Residence? I wanted to move my Alberta or BC.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
We came in November 2019 to New Brunswick through AIPP and got permanent resident in Canada in March 2020. Can I move somewhere other than the “city of destination” on my Confirmation of Permanent Residence? I wanted to move my Alberta or BC.
So you applied through the Atlantic stream with no intention of actually settling in an Atlantic province?

priyankasumit

Jan 29, 2019
In my work i can work from home aswell. But for my husband he is not able to get jobs. So we were planning that i acn wotk from home for same employer but change the province so my husband can work.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
In my work i can work from home aswell. But for my husband he is not able to get jobs. So we were planning that i acn wotk from home for same employer but change the province so my husband can work.
Still the same thing. You essentially defrauded the Atlantic program in order to come to Canada to live on the other side of the country.

priyankasumit

Jan 29, 2019
So you applied through the Atlantic stream with no intention of actually settling in an Atlantic province?
Hello,
I think I phrased the question incorrectly.
Our intention is always to stay into this province. We both love this place and want to settle here for long. With the current Pandemic situation, where everything is closed with almost no business. It is getting very challenging to find job. No one had predicted that due to Covid-19 most people will have to stay home without work. We are only able to find jobs in other province at the moment. And so, I only wanted to know if anyone is aware of any rules being
stated by Province when someone is willing to move to a different place due to the same.

I hope you understand the situation.

priyankasumit

Jan 29, 2019
Still the same thing. You essentially defrauded the Atlantic program in order to come to Canada to live on the other side of the country.
We dont have any intention to defraud the program. I am sure no one had predicted this pandemic crisis. We like this province & want to continue staying here for long.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Hello,
Our intention is always to stay into this province. We both love this place and want to settle here for long. With the current Pandemic situation, where everything is closed with almost no business. It is getting very challenging to find job. No one had predicted that due to Covid-19 most people will have to stay home without work. We are only able to find jobs in other province at the moment. And so, I only wanted to know if anyone is aware of any rules being
stated by Province when someone is willing to move to a different place due to the same.

There ain't no job here in BC either ,at least where I am living . The pandemic hit the entire world and our entire country ,not just the Atlantic provinces. the economy is NOT doing any better on the west coast either .

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello,

Of course it’s challenging. It’s a pandemic. Close to two million people have lost their jobs . And adding you ONLY received your PR two months ago . I think you have to give the province that nominated you a bit more of a chance , wouldn’t you say ? For someone who says they like the area, you’re not really giving it a chance
Per your posting -Quote “ I wanted to move my Alberta or BC.”
Good grief