+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to another city while on EI/CERB

Keepsthefaith

Sep 17, 2014
Hi all! Is there anybody here experience moving to another city to look for job while on EI/CERB? I have been laid off for almost three months and my employer haven’t contacted me to return to work up to now.

I tried applying for other job, but there’s no one contacted me for an interview. My experience is in hospitality and quick service restaurant. That’s greatly affrected by the pandemic.

Anybody who has similar experience? I am just worried that I may not be eligible for an EI/CERb since I am relocating to a new location.

Would appreciate some insights.Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all! Is there anybody here experience moving to another city to look for job while on EI/CERB? I have been laid off for almost three months and my employer haven’t contacted me to return to work up to now.

I tried applying for other job, but there’s no one contacted me for an interview. My experience is in hospitality and quick service restaurant. That’s greatly affrected by the pandemic.

Anybody who has similar experience? I am just worried that I may not be eligible for an EI/CERb since I am relocating to a new location.

Would appreciate some insights.Thanks
No you’d still qualify unless your employer calls you back to work.

Reactions: Keepsthefaith

JohnWalker97

Dec 20, 2022
I had a similar experience of moving to another city, but I had completely different problems, namely with moving services. Due to the fact that the delivery of my things was delayed, I missed several interviews, but I did not despair and managed to get a good job and now I am settling in a new place and slowly getting used to it. I advise you not to worry so much and not to waste your nerves on trifles. You will definitely be fine, the main thing is not to rush and keep yourself restrained. I think you need to concentrate on moving because it's very difficult to do and you can make a lot of mistakes that are very difficult to fix in the future. I wish you good luck friend!

Last edited: